Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    May 18 - wrote test
    Jun 10 - Received test results and mailed PAL/RPAL
    Jun 17 - Received by RCMP
    Jul 11 - CC payment processed
    July 18 - Phone to check, need more time to process, not showing up at all on web query
    Aug 14 - Web query shows application as "In progress"
    Aug 27 - Called references
    Sep 4 - Received letter requesting more info, called, did interview, application approved and sent for printing.
    Sep 13 - Received License in mail.
    Last edited by Razyr; 09-13-2013 at 10:57 AM.

RPAL

June 3 - Received by RCMP
    August 13 - All Interviews completed and was told it was being submitted for final review
    Sept 24 - Website shows has passed initial processing and is now in progress(has been that way since July). Called last week and stated the timeline. Was told they have high volume and the application was forwarded to the CFO for review. Told to call back in two weeks. Have been very polite each time I have spoken to them and wish to keep it that way but losing patience. Seems like Ontario CFO is very unreasonable. Who can I contact in government other than my MP as I'm not sure I would even get an answer and not sure if he would be sympathetic. Peter Van Loan is my MP.

Permanently Banned
    I just called them as mine expires on my Birthday in January and they said that they will send out my renewal app right away .. so hopefully I don't have to wait forever ..

I am currently at 75 days since they received my application. Only about 2 weeks ago did it finally show up online with a file number. No phone calls yet for interviews.
    Pround member of both NFA and CSSA

Mine took about 30 days and no reference checks (which was surprising)

Quote Originally Posted by mrg372k9 View Post
    Mine took about 30 days and no reference checks (which was surprising)
    For mine they called my friend (the same day they called me) for a discussion, but they sent my sister in law a letter asking her to call them? Is that standard practice, or do they do that when they have a hard time contacting someone?
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    For mine they called my friend (the same day they called me) for a discussion, but they sent my sister in law a letter asking her to call them? Is that standard practice, or do they do that when they have a hard time contacting someone?
    I checked with my references and they hadn't been contacted, so out of curiosity I called them asking about it and they said all was good. Found out a few weeks later that because of my job related security clearances with several of 'those' LEA's all was good. I was listed as a reference for a buddy since we did the RPAL together, they did try to call, unable to reach me (for some reason they don't like calling cell phones) They sent me snail mail correspondence asking to call them with whatever reference # and the interview was conducted then.

They recieved my app sept 9. Its now listed as being mailed to me mid nov. should be here any day now. Im wearing out my mailbox hinges.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pal application received at Miramichi the 11th of Oct, I called them on the 12th of Nov and was told that I was sent a copy of my picture back on the 9th of Nov which i received on the 21st of Nov because I forgot to print my name on the back of it and that I could just fax it back which is what i did on the 22nd of Nov. I called today 25th and was told my PAL should be in my hands within 10 days.. Sweet. By the way up until today I am not able to see the status of my application online.

Here I come vz58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife's got tossed into the "indefinite wait" pile cause I forgot to put my signature on the part where I say I'm OK with her having guns. She finally called them, they explained what happened. She passed me the phone, they didn't even ask for my name or anything, just "Are you all right with her having firearms? Yup. Thank you." Click. Lol.

I've been lucky so far. Not up for renewal for a while now.
    I like guns.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast