Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDavidson View Post
    Called a bunch of times best answers I got was there are no problems with it but is still pending approval. Others than that they won't say anything.
    Well, that's unfortunate.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By TheCenturion

TyDavidson (09-12-2015)

I found it was our (Alberta's) CFO that was the problem. CFC processed pretty fast and mine and everyone I knows application/renewal took over 3 months

I found the only way to get in touch with the CFO was to try the ATT line. Where they told me they refused to finish processing my application until I proved I had a range membership. I talked to the CFC several times and all they could tell me was they had okayed my application and it should be in the mail any day. 3 months later I managed to talk to the CFO's office. They made no effort to get a hold of me just let my application sit on their desk for three months waiting for me to know they were waiting for proof of a range membership.

Quote Originally Posted by TyDavidson View Post
    My application was received April 20, 2015. 5 months later still waiting, just get the standard run around from the CFO office when I call, "its with th CFO from your prvince (AB) waiting approval, there don't seem to be any problems with the application but I can't give you a timeline for approval" just hope I get it before Oct 19.
    I don't want to worry you more, but my wife applied for her RPAL in late October, 2014, and she still hasn't seen it. She is also getting the "Everything is done on our end, it's on the CFO desk for approval" runaround for over 6 months...

PAL/ RPAL Timeline
    Aug 1/ 15 CFSC (PAL)
    Aug 2/ 15 CRSC (RPAL)
    Aug 13/ 15 Application sent by Canada Post registered letter mail
    Aug 17/ 15 Application received by RCMP/ CFP
    Sept 10/15 Cheque payment processed
    Sept 28/ 15 License issued
    Oct 2/ 15 License received

No problems with mine.
    "Silence is golden, duct tape is silver..." - Anonymous

I applied for my renewal of my PAL/RPAL on September 14. I hadn't bothered to check the status of my renewal for the next few days assuming it would take a while to process. Before I had even bothered checking the status of the renewal is had shown up in my mail having been issued September 24.

The inconsistancy is because this is the alberta cfo office

MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Steveo9mm

Edenchef (10-04-2015), Lee Enfield (10-04-2015)

got it
    Last edited by PatsWin; 02-24-2016 at 12:34 PM.

They'll either call you, or mail you, yes. Eventually.

Wait a week or two, then call them, and ask for a status update, and if they need anything else from you. Eventually, they'll say something like 'we're ready to call your references, but we're backed up. Have one of your references call in and give this file number.'

Get your ref to do so. It's literally a two minute call, including ringing, voice menu navigation, and giving them the reference number. They'll be asked 'Is PatsWin crazy? Are you afraid of him having guns? If he does go crazy, will you call the cops?' and that's that.

It's been over 5 months since they recieved my application. It's been with the CFO for over 4 months. I called and they gave me the usual run around saying they have everything they need but they can't give me a time frame. I applied for my PAL and RPAL, maybe they are waiting for proof of range membership?

I read in the thread about contacting your MP to speed them up. What exactly should I say and ask for when contacting mine?

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast