Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
    Not silly. I called the cfo and he said no. Do the restricted bit and check both pal and RPAL on the application
    Ohh my mistake, I was thinking you were taking post CFSC and CRFSC (I think because you said your license expired). Not that I plan on letting mine lapse, even if I haven't taken them out for any length of time, it's good to know the safety course only needs to be taken once.

Renewed online 2019-03-28
    I decided to be proactive, So, next day, on 2019-03-28 called the 1-800 number, asked if they would be requiring proof of Range Membership. Guy on the phone asked what Province I'm in, said yeah probably, gave me the e-mail address for, I assume, the CFO in Manitoba. Said email a pic of my range membership with Name, address, DOB, PAL #, and that they'd know what to do with it.

Checking status online every day and today 2019-04-05 ..............tada!

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

7 Days (including a weekend) ............. not too shabby!

My timeline for Ontario so far..

February 26th - CFSC
    February 27th - CRFSC
    March 1st - Application mailed (without course report)
    March 6th - Application received in Miramichi
    March 28th - Credit card charged
    - Application in system, missing report
    - Course report faxed
    March 29th or April 1st - Application in progress

Called today and they said it was with the CFO but they wouldn’t tell me when it was sent there.

Hoping soon but I’m not too hopeful as I checked yes to 16d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Write my restricted test tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Passed 96% written, 100% practical
    Will be mailed tomorrow morning.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Roland Deschain

Swingerguy (04-14-2019)

My file has been open since sep 5 2019. They told me month ago that it is in final stage with ontatio cfo. Still waiting with fingers crossed that i dont get denied.

Quote Originally Posted by LASHA View Post
    My file has been open since sep 5 2019. They told me month ago that it is in final stage with ontatio cfo. Still waiting with fingers crossed that i dont get denied.
    Don't wait, call the CFO, they won't be mad, they'll do a quick interview, stamp, stamp, mail! DONE! Mine was sitting on the bottom of the pile after a few months, called, issued SAME DAY! Get her done.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My Ontario PAL/RPAL timeline

August 31,2018 - My 10 year gun ban expired

Sept 15/16 - Took the CFSC/CRFSC courses with guns.to (for the second time)

Sept 23 - Received the CFSC/CRFSC test results/paperwork back from the course

Sept 26 at 1:46pm - Mailed PAL/RPAL application with supporting documents and letter explaining why I had to answer "yes" to question 16. C) “During the past five (5) years, have you or any member of your household been prohibited from possessing any firearm?”

Sept 28 at 2:26pm - Canada Post tracking shows application received at MIRAMICHI, NB

Oct 29 - Online PAL application status updated to "processing your application"

Nov 13 (46 days since they received my application) - Status still "processing" so called firearms center, they said it's been processed and is now with the CFO for approval. They suggested I NOT call and harass the CFO.

Nov 20 - Status still "processing" so I call the CFO. He looks over my application and says my PAL is denied because CPIC says my gun ban expires in 2021. I explain that that's impossible, all my court stuff was finished in 2008, if it's a 10 year ban, can't be until 2021. I have the $55 RCMP criminal record check printed out, shows expiry August 31, 2018, are you sure? Want me to send it to you? He says he'll look into it. Calls me about an hour later and says I was right, CPIC was wrong. Good thing I called. Boom, license issued. No references called. Said he would update CPIC in case I get pulled over with guns in the car and it shows up I'm not allowed to have them, could go real bad if that happened.

He told me my license number and expiry date but I don't want to start ordering guns online incase they start showing up before my card does, damn Canada Post strike Now I wait.

-Jamie M.
    Hey there. I have a record of theft under 5k and charges withdrawn. Sep 19 my aplication showed up online and since then it says the same. It is now with Ontario cfo. When i call they tell me to call back in couple of weeks.
    Thanks

Yes i will call them tomorrow. i do have a record of theft under 5k but charges withdrawn i dont know if that plays any role in holding it back...
    Thanks

Yes