Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PixInTheSix View Post
    I've been attempting to log in/check status every 3-4 days for the past couple of weeks (total checks as of today, maybe 1/2 doz), but I keep getting '...no information that matches...check at a later date...'

I figure it's just sitting in the stack in someone's in-tray making its way to the top of the pile.
    You mailed it Nov 18 you said. So 30days, plus a week minimum. So expect the first week of January to be the earliest showing for a first time application. More with essentially a week off in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    You mailed it Nov 18 you said. So 30days, plus a week minimum. So expect the first week of January to be the earliest showing for a first time application. More with essentially a week off in there.
    Perhaps I misunderstood; I am aware of the waiting period, however I thought that was simply the minimum time before an application could be approved, not how long I'd have to wait before it showed up 'in the system' and I could see the status online; I'd have thought I'd see 'Pending' or something rather than my application not existing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PixInTheSix View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood; I am aware of the waiting period, however I thought that was simply the minimum time before an application could be approved, not how long I'd have to wait before it showed up 'in the system' and I could see the status online; I'd have thought I'd see 'Pending' or something rather than my application not existing yet.
    this post is the most recent from Ontario:

it appears to be about 14 days from arrival at rcmp to 'showing online' [it shows when the cc is charged] then they were approved almost a month later. That is about the best infor you are going to get, the RCMP will tell you up to 4 months due to Covid.

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...l=1#post898036

Edit: you said you mailed on Nov 18th, did you send it registered mail? That will effect everything too. [will take longer to even arrive in NB if not usually]

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post

Edit: you said you mailed on Nov 18th, did you send it registered mail? That will effect everything too. [will take longer to even arrive in NB if not usually]
    I sent it regular mail; it didn't even occur to me to send it registered to be honest. Registered or not though, it would still only take a couple of days to get from Toronto to Miramichi.

I'm not wound up about not seeing my application status, I'm just trying to get a handle on the process. None of my friends are interested or involved in shooting sports or guns in general, so this seemed like the best place to learn the ins & outs of the way it all works.

Based on the timeline that you linked to, it would be reasonable for me to call and ask for an update a month after my cc is charged?

If they charged the credit card,
    they must have got it.
    (i.e. credit card is thus effectively equivalent to registered mail notification)

imo it is reasonable to call after it shows online to see if anything is missing, if nothing is missing they will probably give an answer of 'it is in process call us back in a month if you haven't heard anything' but if this is your first attempt at a license you can call once it shows online to ensure you crossed all the t's and dotted all the I's but then you may as well wait until 1 month after because the mandatory wait period. When I first applied years ago I was approved as soon as my wait period ran out.

Update;

Application mailed: Nov 18
    Application rec'd: Nov 24
    CC charged: Dec 29 (today)

I'll wait until we're a couple of weeks into January to call if there's no additional updates to my online application status.

Typical government behaviour...
    Last edited by Lover Of Auroras; 04-16-2024 at 10:36 PM.
    No compromise. Firearm rights are human rights.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Lover Of Auroras

Aniest (03-04-2022), Big-Boss-Man (01-24-2022)

Final timeline;

Nov 24 - Rec'd by CFP/RCMP in Miramichi
    Dec 29 - Credit card charged
    Jan 27 - Application sent to CFO-ON
    Mar 03 - License issued

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By PixInTheSix

Aniest (03-04-2022), Big-Boss-Man (03-05-2022), Lover Of Auroras (03-04-2022)

The Ontario CFO is a joke.
    Last edited by Lover Of Auroras; 04-16-2024 at 10:32 PM.
    No compromise. Firearm rights are human rights.