Gun Club Newsletters

I am a board member of a CPC EDA and have obtained the permission from the executive and my club to do a write-up for the upcoming December newsletter (over my name .. not the EDA's). My club has about 800 members that will receive this information
    I would like some suggestions on the firearms topic(s) related to the election results with which I should deal. I will be including promotion of volunteering, donating and joining the EDA's in ridings.
    Foxer I am particularly interested in your input.
    if you wish to do this through private messaging, please do so. I will respond accordingly and even provide my email address if desired.
    BTW how does one do that on this forum?

PS I would encourage others to do the same.

Unity. No more of this bullsh*t about fudds, you don't need this, or any of that ofah sh*t that happened before. We need to respect that fact that we are all gun owners. We may not agree on what we all own, what we should own, or how we use our firearms, but we need to stick together now or we may as well bone up on Australian gun laws.
    Go Pig or Go Home

3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Kane63

Billythreefeathers (11-05-2015), kennymo (11-04-2015), killer kane (11-05-2015), Magi (11-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kane63 View Post
    Unity. No more of this bullsh*t about fudds, you don't need this, or any of that ofah sh*t that happened before. We need to respect that fact that we are all gun owners. We may not agree on what we all own, what we should own, or how we use our firearms, but we need to stick together now or we may as well bone up on Australian gun laws.
    Absolutely ... the content will be one of creating unity among all disciplines, including archers. Our club is an amalgum of hunters, bullseye, IPSIC (or is it IDPA?) claybusters, muzzleloaders etc. My approach will be to encourage unity of voice and action.

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By XTracker5

Edenchef (11-05-2015), Kane63 (11-04-2015), SIR VEYOR (11-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadapplered View Post
    I would like some suggestions on the firearms topic(s) related to the election results with which I should deal. I will be including promotion of volunteering, donating and joining the EDA's in ridings.
    It's not really newsletter material, especially with your timeline; But this information from the CPC needs to be learned.

How about some real clear information on how the money is tracked?

I don't think donating through EDAs actually gives us any benefit and is actually detrimental to our being noticed. And asking for funds right now is apparently premature.

Can you find someone high up in the fundraising to explain the workings behind the curtain then our few $$ can actually be heard and recognized for what it is. One of the biggest failings on the $$ side was nobody could explain or show how the message of the $$ was actually heard.

Raising awareness, support, and memberships is all great and extremely commendable. But asking for single-issue donations and not being able to clearly show how that $$ is being recognized and not being just lumped into the EDAs warchest is wrong and counter-productive.

It may make your EDA look awesome for fundraising numbers, but the single issue gets lost immediately. And our $$ will have greater impact when the head of fundraising (not even a large group of EDAs), can say "Gunowners give $$. Look at these TPS reports, it's right there!"

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    It's not really newsletter material, especially with your timeline; But this information from the CPC needs to be learned.

How about some real clear information on how the money is tracked?

I don't think donating through EDAs actually gives us any benefit and is actually detrimental to our being noticed. And asking for funds right now is apparently premature.

Can you find someone high up in the fundraising to explain the workings behind the curtain then our few $$ can actually be heard and recognized for what it is. One of the biggest failings on the $$ side was nobody could explain or show how the message of the $$ was actually heard.

Raising awareness, support, and memberships is all great and extremely commendable. But asking for single-issue donations and not being able to clearly show how that $$ is being recognized and not being just lumped into the EDAs warchest is wrong and counter-productive.

It may make your EDA look awesome for fundraising numbers, but the single issue gets lost immediately. And our $$ will have greater impact when the head of fundraising (not even a large group of EDAs), can say "Gunowners give $$. Look at these TPS reports, it's right there!"
    Thanks for your comments. I should have been more clear on my comment about donations. In retrospect I believe it would be best if the donations were sent to CPC headquarters.
    I also very much like your comment about finding out how OUR donations (firearms community) are used/perceived, and I will do that.
    The biggest issue from the initial national feedback is that we could have used many more volunteers in each of the EDA's. So I will be emphasizing that as well.
    Again, thanks for your input.