Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Resolve?

I'm still waiting to hear what you guys are actually suggesting we do here. All I'm seeing is people complaining about a bad group of people, and we need to have resolve.

What are you implying here? Are you going to quit your jobs and go over there to fight them? Are you suggesting we round up all brown people and put them in concentration camps?

Canadian ForcesMember
    I am a man who believes in honesty, hard work, integrity, courage, professionalism, respect, tradition and fairness. I believe loyalty, trust, and respect, are earned and not given away in haste or by instruction. That all people should enjoy the natural talents they posses, and that we are free to believe in whatever we like. That violence is undesirable, but when all other means have been exhausted or prevented, necessary. Most of all, I believe that we should respect, and even protect, our neighbours autonomy; in doing so, we protect our own.

I do not like labels being used on my enemies, because that brings about complacency and blinding arrogance.

I do not like labels being used on my friends, because no one "thing" defines them.

If you threaten my family, friends, or make grandiose claims to destroy my culture - my way of life - I will not rest until you are no longer a threat.

Instead of dividing ourselves, we could focus on who we are as individuals. I dare say we have much more in common with each other, than with extremists found in the history books or news.

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Cryptix

DOOK (11-17-2015), Edenchef (11-15-2015), LB303 (11-21-2015)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear what you guys are actually suggesting we do here. All I'm seeing is people complaining about a bad group of people, and we need to have resolve.

What are you implying here? Are you going to quit your jobs and go over there to fight them? Are you suggesting we round up all brown people and put them in concentration camps?
    Are you looking for a pre-confession that can be used later in court ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

CaperJim (11-15-2015), Edenchef (11-15-2015), Gaidheal (11-15-2015), lone-wolf (11-15-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Are you looking for a pre-confession that can be used later in court ?
    No, I'm looking for clarity because I don't understand what the OP is saying.

I see someone stating that it's time to "step up to the plate", but no explanation of what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    Say we have an attack here and it is determined that some/any of the terrorists involved came in as the 25k 'refugees'

Can the GG (or even the queen?) disolve the Gov't due to them putting the population at risk rather than protecting us?
    Not the queen really, her powers are almost completely ceremonial at this point. But interestingly a number of 'unhappy' left wingers DID write her and ask her to disolve the gov't when harper was in because they didn't like what he was doing. She told them to piss up a rope, but in a nice way

The GG on the other hand actually can. But won't - it's NOT their job to determine if a gov't is "good" or "bad". That's up to the people. The GG's job is to make sure that there was a fair democratic process and to protect democracy - NOT to pass judgement on any particular party or their actions.

If the libs let in a bunch of terrorists and they kill a bunch of Canadians - well that's what we CHOSE when WE Chose a leader. The GG is only interested in whether or not we got that choice fair and square, and whether or not the party currently in power got there in a legal and fair manner. They HAVE stepped in when gov'ts were 'playing politics' and either called an election or refused to, but they aren't going to do it just because we don't like what the gov't we chose is doing.

That is why it is SO important that we make wise choices and do everything we can to make sure a good gov't is in power.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    It's telling that you had to put it that way, rather than saying "just as others do when 'our' side wins".
    LOL - true enough

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I have at agree with you man.....but never forget. Hitler and the nazi party were democratically elected in at one point. There are limits to going along with a democracy. The hundred trillion dollar trick is knowing when it has turned from good to bad, and doing something about it before it becomes a runaway train that only massive sacrifice can stop.
    Well yes and no - hitler was elected to a much lesser position and the people absolutely did not trust him with full power over the gov't. However - the guy who DID win unfortunately died in office, and Hitler took over 'temporarily' and was able to steal the gov't FROM the people. He was never elected to the top spot and was certainly never elected as 'fuehrer'.

And that's why we do have the GG - that's exactly where the GG would step in and say "no you don't mustache boy - you need to call an election and your gov't is dissolved as of this date."

That's what protects us from the hitlers. The GG is the 'circuit breaker' or democracy, ensuring that the process is always fair and we get an honest say. If the Party in power ever went against the orders of the GG - that's when it's time to pick up arms and do it the other way without question.

The thing is - we are stuck with the choices we make. We made a very bad choice in the last election and now we're going to have to live with the consequences. And some are pretty bad - we could very well see Canadians lose their lives over those choices, and even if we don't we could see a lot of bad things. Our security is at risk, our economic future is at risk, alberta could be a barren wasteland when this twinkie is done if we're not lucky.

ANd it's even possible he could change the voting structure without a referendum which would keep the conservatives out of power forever by bringing in some species of 'STV' or 'ranked ballot' option.

But - he ran on all of that, and we chose him. So now we get to live with him and his platform. If we're smart - and if we're still able - in 4 years we can throw him out and his party and make a better choice. But - it is ENTIRELY on us.

Why do you think i fight so hard against crap like "we should let the liberals win to teach the CPC a lesson" or "we should blame the CPC for crap they had nothing to do with" and "if they don't do everything I like I'm not donating" or "i'd rather vote libertarian and let the libs in than vote CPC"? Those are BAD choices - and they've helped give us what we have now.

Well now we've got it. And Crap just got real. And we can't afford to be that foolish moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Not the queen really, her powers are almost completely ceremonial at this point. But interestingly a number of 'unhappy' left wingers DID write her and ask her to disolve the gov't when harper was in because they didn't like what he was doing. She told them to piss up a rope, but in a nice way

The GG on the other hand actually can. But won't - it's NOT their job to determine if a gov't is "good" or "bad". That's up to the people. The GG's job is to make sure that there was a fair democratic process and to protect democracy - NOT to pass judgement on any particular party or their actions.

If the libs let in a bunch of terrorists and they kill a bunch of Canadians - well that's what we CHOSE when WE Chose a leader. The GG is only interested in whether or not we got that choice fair and square, and whether or not the party currently in power got there in a legal and fair manner. They HAVE stepped in when gov'ts were 'playing politics' and either called an election or refused to, but they aren't going to do it just because we don't like what the gov't we chose is doing.

That is why it is SO important that we make wise choices and do everything we can to make sure a good gov't is in power.

Well IMHO "we" screwed up royally this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Well yes and no - hitler was elected to a much lesser position and the people absolutely did not trust him with full power over the gov't. However - the guy who DID win unfortunately died in office, and Hitler took over 'temporarily' and was able to steal the gov't FROM the people. He was never elected to the top spot and was certainly never elected as 'fuehrer'.

And that's why we do have the GG - that's exactly where the GG would step in and say "no you don't mustache boy - you need to call an election and your gov't is dissolved as of this date."

That's what protects us from the hitlers. The GG is the 'circuit breaker' or democracy, ensuring that the process is always fair and we get an honest say. If the Party in power ever went against the orders of the GG - that's when it's time to pick up arms and do it the other way without question.

The thing is - we are stuck with the choices we make. We made a very bad choice in the last election and now we're going to have to live with the consequences. And some are pretty bad - we could very well see Canadians lose their lives over those choices, and even if we don't we could see a lot of bad things. Our security is at risk, our economic future is at risk, alberta could be a barren wasteland when this twinkie is done if we're not lucky.

ANd it's even possible he could change the voting structure without a referendum which would keep the conservatives out of power forever by bringing in some species of 'STV' or 'ranked ballot' option.

But - he ran on all of that, and we chose him. So now we get to live with him and his platform. If we're smart - and if we're still able - in 4 years we can throw him out and his party and make a better choice. But - it is ENTIRELY on us.

Why do you think i fight so hard against crap like "we should let the liberals win to teach the CPC a lesson" or "we should blame the CPC for crap they had nothing to do with" and "if they don't do everything I like I'm not donating" or "i'd rather vote libertarian and let the libs in than vote CPC"? Those are BAD choices - and they've helped give us what we have now.

Well now we've got it. And Crap just got real. And we can't afford to be that foolish moving forward.
    agreed. But this is why I find it a little frustrating to hear people so vigorously slam the U.S. system which has at least a modicum of checks and balances. Our form does not have this particularly when there is a majority in the HoC and that party also holds a majority in the Senile. The PM effectively can do anything he/she desires as long as it falls within the Constitution Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadapplered View Post
    agreed. But this is why I find it a little frustrating to hear people so vigorously slam the U.S. system which has at least a modicum of checks and balances. Our form does not have this particularly when there is a majority in the HoC and that party also holds a majority in the Senile. The PM effectively can do anything he/she desires as long as it falls within the Constitution Act.
    Modicum for sure.

Obama is currently trying to get the courts to agree with him that the US Constitution shouldn't be allowed to stop him from overruling Congress.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast