Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    What a waste of time & tax payers money. 4 1/2 years ago, A global news investigative reporter put the following article together, both the rcmp & justice minister said it was legal according to our laws. So why can they continue to waste resources on something that they(rcmp) do not like & has not been involved in any crimes committed. I think this is a testing ground to see how weak our new Gov. is & what the rcmp can get away with.
    Somedays, I feel Canada does not need any outside influence to kill jobs & our economy. Between Notley, Wynne & the rcmp, I'm sure we're well on our way to becoming a have not nation.

Anybody remember this article ? The comments section is good !
    http://globalnews.ca/news/619165/pac...gazine-limits/

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 88 louie

Edenchef (11-18-2015), RangeBob (11-18-2015)

Solomon Friedman Facebook page (c/o Onagoth)

2015/11/18

Once again, the RCMP gets it wrong.
    To be perfectly clear, the RCMP has no authority, under either the Firearms Act or the Criminal Code, to "prohibit" these magazines. This is the RCMP's legal opinion. No more and no less.
    More importantly, it is an interpretation of the Regulations that is clearly inconsistent with both the plain meaning and the intention of the Regulations.
    It is also inconsistent with the RCMP's previous Bulletin (No. 72) on the subject.
    In that Bulletin, the RCMP wrote that: "Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun, are limited to 10 cartridges. The capacity is measured by the kind of cartridge the magazine was designed to contain. In some cases the magazine will be capable of containing more than 10 rounds of a different caliber; however that is not relevant in the determination of the maximum permitted capacity."
    That reasoning equally applies to semiautomatic centrefire rifles.
    Finally, the RCMP has simply invented a new term: "dual-calibre magazines." There is no such concept in the legislation or regulations.
    This is just another glaring example of politics and policy trumping legal interpretation at the RCMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickle Charge View Post
    Can we get the FRT numbers with their classifications sheet and should we drag them around with us like all the rest of the paperwork that we bring with us?
    from elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaAmmo
    CSAAA Communique: Beowulf magazines

Despite some recent social media surrounding Beowulf magazines, the CSAAA is confirming that no ban on the sale of these magazine in Canada has been issued by the R.C.M.P. or the Minister of Public Safety at this time.

All six 50 Beowulf firearms FRT numbers remain listed as legal with a five round capacity and retailers should continue to sell this product at this time:

#121656 Alexander Arms
    #124566 Alexander Arms
    #128962 MGI
    #122716 Stag Arms
    #136602 VLtor Arms

A recent letter from the R.C.M.P. addressed to ###### Armoury in response to a denial of their International Import Certificate for these magazines was shared via social media and has caused widespread speculation that the magazines themselves have been banned. This was a private letter to one company regarding one shipment, not a Special Bulletin.

The CSAAA continues to work with the office of the Minister of Public Safety regarding this issue and will release further updates as needed.

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

88 louie (11-18-2015), Edenchef (11-18-2015), Fredo (11-29-2015)

Thanx for the FRT#'s RB. Does Anybody know which # applies to the PCV mag ?
    They may not have issued a special bulletin, but by their continued stirring the puddle, at every shop I've asked, (during the last year) if they sell Beowulf mags, responded with - basically - we will not bring any of those into our stock, as the rcmp are planning something or are preventing us from importing the product, & we do not want to have $ tied up in a product that we cannot sell. Marshall's 7 month wait for a reply is pretty much proof of puddle stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    from elsewhere
    Is there such a thing as an official scanned document for the FRT numbers? Would they supply one if asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickle Charge View Post
    Is there such a thing as an official scanned document for the FRT numbers? Would they supply one if asked?
    There is no official scan and they don't just hand them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    8 members and 89 guests browsing....smile and wave, boys; smile and wave...
    It does seem like a High River style trial balloon. Pathetic they need four dozen shytbirds gauging our reaction. Nice priorities. Meanwhile, at our open borders...

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RealDeckard

Edenchef (11-18-2015), webster (11-18-2015)

<sigh> Well that was fast. While I certainly didn't support the Conservatives in all things I did like that they had recognized the RCMP brass was dicking them around, and that they had started to step on said brass's necks whenever they tried to twist things. I think we know if this missive had been sent six months ago a call would gave been made, much lIke the supposed needed delay on implementing the combined licence and permit.

I also do not blame the inporters. They were doing the required due diligence. This is not their fault.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Defenstrator

Edenchef (11-18-2015)

Banned
    We must also remember that thanks to an SCC ruling, the ArrCMP are under no obligation to tell truth, when answering our inquiry's.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    No, no i don't remember that But - i'll bet those '50 things' were all things people had some knowledge of. or at least an opinion about. We MUST remember that as hard as it is for us to believe the general public has NO knowledge about guns, other than that guns are often used in crime and can kill so they're a little concerned. But uncle bob had one for hunting so they can't be ALL bad.
    Well that' just not true The general public has lots of knowledge about guns, its just that the knowledge is largely incorrect and has been gained from Hollywood and biased news reports for the most part. We all need to do our part to shift this in the right direction.

That's largely what we've got to work with. The '50 things' idea can work within our community, there's a lot of people who have some knowlege but are not engaged in the fight and don't really care that much and that can bring them around. So - good idea for a commercial for wild tv, not so good for one to air during days of our lives.
    I don't remember the '50 things' either- must have targeted to a specific audience.
    THere's really three fronts we have to work on -
    the "engaged" community who cares about this stuff, but who may be misinformed or have bought into the whole 'the cpc is evil' thing the NFA was selling. Those people need to be educated and brought onside for the upcoming fight, and detail is important.
    The whole 'the cpc is evil' and "Harper is evil" thing is why Trudeau won, and was pushed by many more the NFA- and they certainly had some valid points. Being forced to support Harper as a single issue "gun" voter is certainly distasteful to me. I would much rather see the gun control political football out of play.http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...es-i-just-cant

The 'disengaged' community - casual gun owners and/or hunters who know a little but don't really care enough to get into the fight. THey need to be educated and encouraged to get involved in a positive manner.

The 'not our community' average person who knows nothing, and just needs to be educated on the most basic concepts because they won't spend the time to learn more. (they are the majority)

The messages we put out there have to be tailored for the appropriate audience.
    We need our community to be bigger and span all the political parties the disengaged community doesn't know there is a fight.
    "You Cannot Comply Your Way Out of Tyranny"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast