Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    That was certainly not my intention... All we are trying to do is import the mags legally. The fact is we could not import them before, so there was obviously already something going on behind the scenes. All We've done is get the RCMP to openly state that their position. The fact is this interpretation is not the way I, and many others, would interpret the law and this letter is in fact contradictory to previous statements they have made. As mentioned I have forwarded this email to the NFA and to CSSA.... We'll see where it goes, but it doesn't end here I can assure you of that.
    You could have been like everyone else and manufactured your own. You do realize these things sold for $100 each right? I know guys with 10 - 20 of these things. That's a lot of ban hammer with no compensation.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By tdod101

Deuce-deuce (11-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tdod101 View Post
    You could have been like everyone else and manufactured your own. You do realize these things sold for $100 each right? I know guys with 10 - 20 of these things. That's a lot of ban hammer with no compensation.
    That would be akin to sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich and hoping no one sees you. The RCMP previously stated mag "loopholes" would be their target in the coming months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    First, I do know what these were selling for... and it's called gouging. If you check our web site you'll see we have the original Alexander Arms 10rd mags priced at $32.99 which is what they should be worth. Second, I understand that you need to vent on someone, but that fact is this was coming down no matter what... all we did was make it known so all the guys making them here in Canada have a chance to deal with it and not be get caught off guard.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

5. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Marshall

Deuce-deuce (11-17-2015), knuckledragger (11-18-2015), Mobusten (11-19-2015), webster (11-17-2015)

First, I do know what these were selling for... and it's called gouging. If you check our web site you'll see we have the original Alexander Arms 10rd mags priced at $32.99 which is what they should be worth. Second, I understand that you need to vent on someone, but that fact is this was coming down no matter what... all we did was make it known so all the guys making them here in Canada have a chance to deal with it and not be get caught off guard.
    We can't begin to deal with it until we know what the issue is. You did the right thing; I don't believe you should be in any way held accountable. Now that we know what the RCMP stance is on the matter we can devise an action plan to perhaps challenge it. Hopefully the CCFR, CSSA and NFA take the info and run with it.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By DanN

knuckledragger (11-18-2015)

Yes, sorry for venting. But as far im concerned the rcmp doesnt make the law, and last time i checked, the law as written hasnt changed. so F em

9. The Following User Liked This Post By tdod101

Marshall (11-17-2015)

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Yes, sorry for venting. But as far im concerned the rcmp doesnt make the law, and last time i checked, the law as written hasnt changed. so F em
    Vent all you want... I have broad shoulders...
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...