For those wondering about the apperent contradiction, they're still saying that magazines designed for one gun are ok if they HAPPEN to fit in another gun.

They claim that the difference here is that it's a magazine designed for two guns. It's 'designed' to fit in a 223 based platform AND a 50 platform, thus being one mag designed for two guns.

That might well be hard for them to argue if it goes to court. The law does say that if a magazine is 'modified' from the original it doesn't count - and mags that are specifically designed for the 50 are designed for the 50.

It doesn't affect things like shotguns because of the nature of tube fed magazines. What was the 'original' capacity of a tube? How was the tube 'modified', etc. Shotguns have always held all kinds of different sizes so while they can say that the ar mags were originally designed for 223 you can't say all shotgun tube mags were originally designed for 2 3/4 or 3 inch or 2.5 or whatever.

Well we knew they were waiting for the results of the election to pick some of the fights they've had in mind so i guess this was inevitable. I don't know what the 'judges' are going to say but at least there's a reasonable chance of winning under the current law, tho i suspect that the powers that be will be looking for ways to come down on the cop's side.