Thread: scorpion rings

scorpion rings

I have a set of these on an m-14 casm mount holding a vortex crossfire 2 scope.
    I still have "stock m14" issues with the gun so I'm never even sure if the scopes holding exact zero . Lol

Either way they seem to do the job I think lol

It seems to me outside of cheap made hook style rings, 22 rimfire rings and before nightforce rings, well rings are rings.
    Am I ignorant on this?
    Im thinking of putting these http://www.scorpionoptics.com/access...lack-p-48.html
    On a savage axis 223 I will use for varmints
    I'm starting off with a scope I already have, Bushnell dusk till dawn (hides in the corner with a flame resistant suit) ,until my budget allows me to buy something in the not garbage line of scopes. If the scope I buy has 1 inch tube they theoreticaly stay.

What's the opinion on these rings?
    And what am I missing when it comes to rings?
    Twitter ~ Cecil the flea bag @hillmanr2

Unless you're planning on shooting 1000 yards or more, rings are "generally" rings.

Before anyone else says different, Scorpion scopes are akin to Vortex Crossfire II and the rings are around the same. They should work fine unless you get a lemon. (And if you do get a lemon you can exchange them right over the counter).

I've used some of the cheapest scope rings in history to test how well they will keep up. For a varmint rifle I'll say you should have no problems using them.

they should work just fine , check them for tight once in a while is all
    I use similar ones on my 308 savage with a rail mount and no problems so far
    I was told that you want to use the same metal type with rings and mount
    due to the metal expansion properties being different in alum compared to steel
    so did follow that

I even used a pair of the el cheapo Weaver sheet metal hook ones on my Stevens 200 with no ill effect. I just find they're a pain in the ass to set up, as the scope seems to want to spin slightly as you torque them down. Several tries later I correctly guessed how far to tweak the scope out of level so it'd sit right once everything was tight. No troubles after that, but the .223 isn't a hard kicker or anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I even used a pair of the el cheapo Weaver sheet metal hook ones on my Stevens 200 with no ill effect. I just find they're a pain in the ass to set up, as the scope seems to want to spin slightly as you torque them down.
    I toss them rings. Same thing happens to me and I have little patience for it.

As for rings, I favour warne qd rings, which likely are just as good as any ring, but I like em for cost/ease.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I even used a pair of the el cheapo Weaver sheet metal hook ones on my Stevens 200 with no ill effect. I just find they're a pain in the ass to set up, as the scope seems to want to spin slightly as you torque them down. Several tries later I correctly guessed how far to tweak the scope out of level so it'd sit right once everything was tight. No troubles after that, but the .223 isn't a hard kicker or anything.....
    My 444 came with a Weaver 4x and those rings. Holds tight, but there's only a touch more recoil than the 223.
    Getting scopes sat straight with the screws tightened can be enough to reduce a saint to a screwdriver throwing sobbing mess, though. Really, adding two screws to the other side was the 'Eureka' moment in he firearms industry.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15