Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rings for Tikka T3 Lite

I'm picking up a Tikka T3 Lite in .204 on Monday. (Wholesale Sports has all rifles 10% off with coupon starting then) I'll be mounting the Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 that came off my .22-250. Any suggestions for rings.....and none that cost as much as the rifle.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Prairie Dog; 07-05-2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

Senior Member OutdoorPursuitsCanada's Avatar
    I use Leopold rings on mine, they are rock solid, and I am shooting .300 WSM which packs a little more punch. I have never had to adjust them in the last 5 years, with 200+ rounds shot.

I've been enjoying Leupold PRW rings. A little more pricey, but still decently priced, and very nice.

Pretty sweet rifle choice but I have a couple concerns.

You may enjoy this .204 so much that the lever will never see the light of day again. That would be so unfair to it - you should sell the lever to me.
    You may burn through so much ammo having fun with the .204 that it becomes very expensive. To prevent that unhappy event - you should sell the lever to me.

No particular theme here.... : )

Post pics when ya get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Pretty sweet rifle choice but I have a couple concerns.

You may enjoy this .204 so much that the lever will never see the light of day again. That would be so unfair to it - you should sell the lever to me.
    You may burn through so much ammo having fun with the .204 that it becomes very expensive. To prevent that unhappy event - you should sell the lever to me.

No particular theme here.... : )

Post pics when ya get it!
    You mean that clunky old Ruger that I drag to the range occasionally......when it's working?

What a difference a forum makes. I posted this same question on another forum (no, not that one) and it was Talley, Talley, Talley. In fact if I was to Talley it up (yeah, even I don't think it's funny) it would be 4:1 for, well you know.......

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

There are a lot of nice rings out there.

The .204 doesn't kick at all so I don't think pure strength has to be the main consideration. Not sure of any particular advantage to horizontal vs. vertical pairs.
    For function and low $$$ it would be Weaver. For looks, Talley. Have you seen anything you like from Warne? Will you be swapping the scope back to the 22-250? If so, how about QD mounts?

Hex head cap screws are nicer than Philips head screws (won't round off), just don't over torque them.

The .22-250 is history, a friend of mine's wife bought it for him for Father's Day, so unless I decide to change scopes at some point it will be a permanent mount.

Plain old weaver rings will easily work, and they will be friendly on the pocket book.

I've also ran quick detach Leupold rings on my M700 muzzle loader, and they return to zero every time. They are generally too pricey for me, but on the smoke pole, its nice to be able to quickly take the scope off to get in and clean.

Depends what you plan on doing and how rough you are on things. Burris makes nice clean rings too.

I bought a T3 Lite in 243win and put Weaver Tactical rings to mount a Zeiss Conquest scope. They were inexpensive and look good too. I wouldn't use them on a hard kicker but these small bore guns don't recoil much.
    I love the smell of burning gun registrations in the morning.....

How about Burris? Went to P&D yesterday and George recommended the XTR base and rings. Add to that a member on another forum (no, not that one) will sell me a new set for basically half price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast