Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

E-111: AR-15 official petition thread

Anybody following this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495874294076269/

UPDATE JANUARY 6, 2016

How is everyone feeling today? I don't know about you but I am feeling HONOURED to have you all in this group! We came together in a VERY short period of time for a common cause!

That cause is not just trying to reclaim a wrongfully classified rifle but its the tip of the iceberg in letting our elected officials who represent US know what WE want! We want to be treated fair, we want to be treated equal and we want to be trusted like the law abiding mature adults we are.

We constantly go through legal and financial minefields to simply own and use a tool that has been part of our heritage for over 500 years and it seems the noose keeps getting tighter and tighter every time something happens NOT caused by the most trusted people in Canada, her law abiding gun owners.

As individuals, we hold different values, see things in a different light and have unique interests which can make for quite a fire storm in discussing firearm regulations and legislations, but we must understand the simple phrase "united we stand, divided we fall" for it is the key to success if we want to get the respect and attention we deserve to enact positive change that benefits gun owners AS A WHOLE.

You, your children and your children's children are the future of this greatly debated heritage right of firearm ownership and you are obligated to support it as a whole or face having our beloved sport, hobby and lifestyle taken away.

Just about 8000 of us have been patiently waiting for a month to get this petition signed and let me tell you that it is finally out of our hands. I have done my part, the 5 co-sponsors have done theirs and our most honourable supporter, Bob Zimmer MP, who is with us every step of the way has done his. Now we wait while parliamentary staff do the final touches to make this petition a go.

Share this message everywhere in the facebook world and beyond! Get it out there in twitter and other social media sites. Get it out to your local gun shops, educational institutes and workplaces. Let everyone know this is how powerful a group we really are!

FYI - THIS IS THE ONLY PARLIAMENTARY APPROVED E-PETITION THAT CAN BE SIGNED ONLINE, YES....ONLINE! THERE IS NO PAPER HASSLE WITH GAINING WRITTEN SIGNATURES!

When the petition is ready to sign, I will include a link in this post to visit so you can sign the petition. This image includes the steps you need to do to finish the process of signing the petition.
    Last edited by kennymo; 01-08-2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Thread merge and title clarification

It'd be hilarious if the liberals reclass the ar15 non-restricted. They got to think it's almost worth it to watch our heads explode.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Am now.....

It'd be hilarious if the liberals reclass the ar15 non-restricted. They got to think it's almost worth it to watch our heads explode.
    I would probably be so flabbergasted that I wouldn't be able to speak a word for at least a week..... And I'd be overcome with anxiety over the potential for a non-restricted firearms ban.....

Quite frankly I expect it to amount to little. I think getting permission to take restricteds out on private property or crown land might be a more attainable goal.....though I'd be pretty shocked if that came from the Libs too.....
    Last edited by kennymo; 01-07-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    So, is that what the petition is about?
    You'd think they might have mentioned that in the spiel.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

lone-wolf (01-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    So, is that what the petition is about?
    You'd think they might have mentioned that in the spiel.
    Ha, I went looking for a link to the petition for 5min. I didn't think there'd be posts about it, explaining how to sign it, before you can sign it!
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

AR15 Petition, Please take the time to electronically sign it.

Ladies and Gents,
    I acknowledge that the Liberals would burn down the HOC before they would change the AR-15's classification to the benefit of gun owners. But, this is an important show of force. It takes next to zero effort to do this so you're risking nothing. The message that will be sent is that there are 100,000 gun owners watching, maybe more. It also shows that we aren't in hiding till the next election. Please support it, please share this information. Let's do it this time!!

(More news to come from the CCFR in the next 6 days as well!!)

https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Peti...Petition=e-111
    Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

8. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By CivilAdvantage

Candychikita (01-20-2016), dakaroo (01-20-2016), GonZo (01-08-2016), Jmac604 (01-19-2016), Mobusten (01-14-2016), speedloader (01-09-2016), The Joe-Man (01-08-2016), Zinilin (01-08-2016)

Here it is, folks.

Petition to the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness

Whereas:
    • The current firearm legislation classifies the semi-auto Armalite Rifle - 15 and variants as restricted when there is no inherent difference between it and that of hundreds or thousands of other firearms in Canada which have been, in due process, classified as non-restricted;
    • The restriction on the AR-15 and its variants prohibits the use of this semi-automatic modern sporting rifle from being used for lawful purposes such as hunting;
    • This rifle has been ultimately restricted purely because of cosmetic appearance of the rifle which does not make the rifle more dangerous. It has been assembled with modern day materials (plastic & aluminium) and that shouldn't be the merit to base a rifle for restricted classification as there are thousands of other rifles like it used on a day to day basis for legitimate purposes;
    • This rifle is the most versatile hunting rifle in the world. The calibre can easily be changed to meet lawful provincial hunting requirements from small game to big game animals without the need to purchase multiple gaming rifles; and
    • The Armalite Rifle - 15 was in fact legal to hunt with before the mid 1990's firearm classification changes and we hunters would like that opportunity restored.

We, the undersigned, Lawful Firearm Owners of Canada, request (or call upon) the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness to Re-classify the Armalite Rifle - 15 back to non-restricted status so we can once again use this rifle to lawfully participate in the Canadian cultural practices of hunting.
    SIGN IT! https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Peti...Petition=e-111

Signed

Sent from somewhere
    "Canadians expend about half a billion rounds of ammunition per year (ammunition import statistics). If guns are the cause of homicide, we're missing 99.9999992% of the time." from Range Bob

11. The Following User Liked This Post By GonZo

Lazagna (01-08-2016)

Congratulations! You have completed the signature process for this petition.

For more information about the e-petition process, please consult the About page.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

awndray (01-08-2016), Lazagna (01-08-2016)

Signed and confirmed, 682 signed so far

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast