Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloader 16

Reloader 16

I don't think we've talked about this guy here yet,

Alliant Powder Reloder 16 is a propellant that performs consistently across temperature extremes. Its burn rate is slightly faster than Reloder 17s well within the 4350 burn speed band. This makes it ideal for traditional hunting cartridges as the .30-06 and .270 Win. It will work as well with 6.5mm target loads and tactical applications where temperature stability is required. The Alliant Powder Reloder 16 contains a de-coppering additive but no toxic DNT or DBP.
    I loves my RL 15, 22 and 25 for various projects, but unfortunately the last time I saw a jug of Alliant, Bigfoot was carrying it in one hand with the Holy Grail in the other while riding a unicorn.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Browsing their page, it seems as though they're really focusing on the temperature stability bit right now. I hadn't seen their RL's 23 and 26 yet either. They seem to be similar to existing product with the claim to remain more consistent at temperature extremes. Hopefully some makes it North of the border someday......

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    I just seen some listed in a thread for cabelas I believe

Not showing any Alliant on their website. I'll pop in tomorrow and ask. Need a daddy-daughter day expedition anyway....

Made the mistake of looking at Hodgdon pricing....$48 a pound for Varget? And pretty much everything else.... HS-6 was still about $30, maybe I'll grab a jug or two while I can just to have some pistol powder around.... The Heights had a bunch of H4350 and a couple others on the shelf the other day. Have to see what Ron's asking for it before the low dollar hits....

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    ...maybe I'll grab a jug or two while I can just to have some pistol powder around.... The Heights had a bunch of H4350 and a couple others on the shelf the other day. Have to see what Ron's asking for it before the low dollar hits....
    I'm thinking we should save our sheckels and put in an order for 8 pounders.
    As for Alliant, I have a bit of Unique left, and I'm contemplating building a shrine around it.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    I'm thinking we should save our sheckels and put in an order for 8 pounders.
    As for Alliant, I have a bit of Unique left, and I'm contemplating building a shrine around it.
    All my RL's are down to open container status. Haven't quite run out, but it's a shame. The .308 and .257 Bee really like them.... Time to find substitutes though.... I've still got a smattering of IMR stuff kicking around, guess I should dig through the shelf and figure out exactly what I've got on hand...

I was trolling WSS's site the other day, and the 'show' they have 8 lb'ers in 7828ssc, H-414 and H-381.
    I'm curious as to whether that's supposed to be H-380, or H-4831.
    $240, I think, so quite reasonable.
    Unfortunately, no 4350s though.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

I've only used RL-7, since I shoot pokey old cast bullets.

I'm going to be messing around with plated stuff for the AR and M1 though. Probably 4895 for the M1. CFE,335,4895, ??? For the .223 unless someone's got some ideas.

I'm not even thinking about the 300 blackout right now.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Do you guys remember a couple of years ago...the guy in Welland Ontario....we always called him crazy Pete. He got arrested...big police presence at his house one night. The only reason I even know about it was because somebody on CGN started a thread on it. I never did get the full story on what happened and there was never anything in the news about it.

He's the guy who's family had the land beside the Welland Canal. The government expropriated a bunch of it to widen the canal and never did. He had a shotgun range set up there that he was forced to close because after they took his land, he didn't have enough left to meet minimum requirements. Anyway...guess who the Alliant distributor was, or at least one of the major ones. Cabelas might be bringing in their own supply. I don't know for sure.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Do you guys remember a couple of years ago...the guy in Welland Ontario....we always called him crazy Pete. He got arrested...big police presence at his house one night. The only reason I even know about it was because somebody on CGN started a thread on it. I never did get the full story on what happened and there was never anything in the news about it.

He's the guy who's family had the land beside the Welland Canal. The government expropriated a bunch of it to widen the canal and never did. He had a shotgun range set up there that he was forced to close because after they took his land, he didn't have enough left to meet minimum requirements. Anyway...guess who the Alliant distributor was, or at least one of the major ones. Cabelas might be bringing in their own supply. I don't know for sure.
    Think I recall the story. He had oodles and oodles of powder stored on the property, police vans spent all sorts of time hauling it all away..... I never dealt with the guy, but some were sad to see him out of business. Maybe Tundra Supply needs to build a powder magazine and call Alliant.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Rory McCanuck (01-09-2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast