Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    lately I have a hard time getting off work early enough to make Selkirk trap nights worth while.

if it gets above zero Sunday I might go to the trap club.

Might just take the old 870 to try out. Not sure...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Absolutely, always up for a challenge to embarrass myself with. Lol.

Do I need a membership or is there just a walk-in fee? Let me know a date and I'll be there, hoping weather is more like spring by Saturday

Well, this threads been quiet for a while, anyone free for an afternoon shoot tmrw? Or beers in the evening, that pretty much sums up my day tmrw

Off to the farm to patch fences for me. I'll be glad when that's done so I have time to shoot again
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

I started this thread a while back, I hope y'all ended up meeting. We should plan something for the spring time, once everything thaws out. Give ample time for everyone to clear some time on the schedule.

Didn't realize this threads been quiet for almost a year, anyone still up for a meet & greet? Or a shoot & clean up day? Lol
    I go to Mars Hill regularly if interested, have a spot that is usually only accessible by 4x4. That keeps most of the SKS bums out and allows me to keep the place as tidy as possible

Quote Originally Posted by DasMauser View Post
    Didn't realize this threads been quiet for almost a year, anyone still up for a meet & greet? Or a shoot & clean up day? Lol
    I go to Mars Hill regularly if interested, have a spot that is usually only accessible by 4x4. That keeps most of the SKS bums out and allows me to keep the place as tidy as possible
    I'm still wanting to do a meet and greet in the city, and then we can plan a range day. Don't have a 4x4, so I doubt I'd be able to access Mars Hill (Probably for the best because I'm an SKS bum. )

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Call-sign_ENIGMA

FALover (02-17-2020)

I've got a few 4x4's, we could figure it out. Lol.

Sks bums refers to a very special group of people, the individual is usually 18-24 yrs old and blasts thru 120 rounds in under 10 mins, either shooting at nothing or targets around 25m, occasionally tannerite is involved. After said ammo has been expended they obnoxiously proclaim how great and accurate their rifle is, leave trash and casings all around and take off in a big dirty Dodge rolling coal, the essence of douchebaggery remains in the air for several minutes after their departure.

Pretty sure you aren't one of them.

I'm in if someone else wants to do the planning, tried on the other site a few times and got no where

Well, looks like the MB CFO is set on losing a good chunk of members @ Selkirk G&F, just noticed on their website while printing my renewal form...

Screenshot_20200217-124701_Chrome.jpg

The following is from an earlier email communication to Selkirk G&FA members saying why the restriction was forced upon the shooting range:

During our recent range re-approval license, the Deputy Chief Provincial
    Firearms Officer deemed bullets fired at targets placed at “common” shooting
    distances from our shooting tables, (i.e. 50, 100, 150 yards etc.), pose a hazard
    beyond our 200yd range backstop.

As you are aware, our 200yd range only has the backstop located 200yds from
    our shooting tables. The hazard explained is this, when any target set up and is
    shot at an intermediate distance between the shooting tables and the 200yd
    backstop, (i.e. 100yds for example), a bullet passing through the target strikes
    the ground and then tumbles or deflects up and over our 200yd backstop. The
    solution to this hazard would be to construct additional backstops at say, 50 and
    100yards, so that people wishing to shoot these intermediate distances can
    place their target in front of an intermediate backstop to catch their bullets
    passing through their target and eliminate any tumbling and deflection of their
    bullet down range and over the 200yd backstop.
    As a result, the Range Inspectors have ordered that until we construct these
    intermediate backstops, “ALL TARGETS WILL BE PLACED IMMEDIATELY IN
    FRONT OF THE 200YD BACKSTOP FOR ALL SHOOTING”. If the shooters present
    all agree to shoot a distance of 100yds then their targets will be placed directly
    in front of the 200yd backstop and a firing line will be formed “100yds from the
    200yd backstop in the middle of the field and all shooting will occur from there”.
    Bullets will go through their targets and immediately impact the backstop.
    Similarly, if everyone agrees to shoot 50 yards, targets are again placed directly
    in front of the 200yd backstop and a firing line is formed 50 yards from the
    200yd backstop and shooting takes place from there. All bullets fired pass
    through the targets and immediately impact the backstop.
    cont.
    THEREFORE, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, “ ALL TARGETS ARE TO BE PLACED
    DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE 200YD BACKSTOP FOR ALL SHOOTING” .
    NO INTERMEDIATE RANGE TARGETS WILL BE SHOT FROM OUR SHOOTING
    TABLES.
    Therefore, in order to comply with the CFO’s order and prevent any type of
    confrontation between our membership as to who wishes to shoot what
    distance, it is the policy of the Selkirk Game & Fish Association that - “WHEN
    SHOOTING AT THE 200YD RIFLE RANGE, ALL TARGETS WILL BE PLACED
    IMMEDIATELY IN FRONT OF THE 200YD BACKSTOP AND ALL SHOOTING WILL BE
    FROM OUR SHOOTING TABLES 200YDS FROM THE 200YD BACKSTOP”.
    THEREFORE, SHOOTING AT THE 200YD RIFLE RANGE WILL BE 200YD SHOOTING
    ONLY - until such a time that intermediate backstops are constructed to allow
    shooters to place their targets directly in front of these intermediate backstops
    so as to catch their bullets and prevent their bullets from skipping and
    deflecting off the ground surface. SHOOTING AT TARGETS PLACED AT
    INTERMEDIATE DISTANCES OTHER THAN DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE 200YD
    BERM FROM OUR SHOOTING TABLES IS NO LONGER ALLOWED UNTIL SUCH A
    TIME AS INTERMEDIATE BERMS ARE CONSTRUCTED. - SHOOTING AT THE
    200YD RIFLE RANGE IS 200YD SHOOTING ONLY.

I love the "sound logical reasoning" by the CFO (NOT! IMO, They pulled this out of their arse with no empirical or statistical data to justify the restriction): The hazard explained is this, when any target set up and is shot at an intermediate distance between the shooting tables and the 200yd backstop, (i.e. 100yds for example), a bullet passing through the target strikes the ground and then tumbles or deflects up and over our 200yd backstop. That's one magical paper target that would cause the bullet to deflect down, skip, then go over the 200 meter backstop. This reminds me of the famous "one magic loogie" Seinfeld episode re Hernandez allegedly spitting on Newman and Kramer.

So, until the intermediate berms are built this spring, it's targets placed at the 200 yard berm only. If members don't follow this restriction, SGFA may be closed by the CFO.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"