Hi Guys,

I've had this scope for almost 6 months now, and thought I'd throw together a quick review (in 1080p HD). I've used it a lot more than I ever expected when I bought it. Definitely a keeper.

This Monocular is one of the most versatile pieces of glass I've used. It is tough, and able to be carried externally on a pack without needing to be babied. The glass is bright, the design is solid, and the reticle is an interesting change for anyone looking to range without a laser rangefinder.

The 15X version of this unit could almost be called a spotting scope. But this is lighter than any spotting scope I've ever handled. The Recon fits a niche that no other optics company is really designing anything for. Light weight, high grade glass in a compact form. I've taken to carrying this in all situations where I want some sort of glass, but don't necessarily need a full set of binoculars around my neck.

Has anyone ever used a monocular as their primary optic for hunting or shooting? Its very different coming from the world of binoculars.