Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Anyone get any good scores @ Sunova Centre?
    I was couple hours late to the party, no 8x56 to be seen, there was a SMLE for $550 that should have come home with me..

Canadian Tire on Leila had 8x56R (PPU/PRVI), I picked up a couple boxes for my M95 carbine some time ago. Last time I was there they still had some and it was fairly reasonable ($30-ish for FMJ), though I don’t get out that way as often. Even less since they cut down the size of their gun dept.

They did have a surprising selection of metric calibres though, mostly PRVI and S&B stuff.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I didn't go to the show - went out for shotgun and, judging by how I felt all evening, was borderline for heatstroke.

Cabelas has all kinds of 20MOA rails but do you think I could find a flat one for a Savage short action? Now why would a big Savage dealer, with exclusive models of their own, have one of those....
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Maybe I bought their last one this Spring?

They don't even list one in their system.

I'm thinking of going ahead with a chassis. Mystic has a bit of a sale on. I'm sure he's got EGW bases.

The factory stock just isn't all that comfortable anyway
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Canadian Tire on Leila had 8x56R (PPU/PRVI), I picked up a couple boxes for my M95 carbine some time ago. Last time I was there they still had some and it was fairly reasonable ($30-ish for FMJ), though I don’t get out that way as often. Even less since they cut down the size of their gun dept.

They did have a surprising selection of metric calibres though, mostly PRVI and S&B stuff.
    Yep hit them a few days prior, all they had was soft points for $36, and that was a sale price...begrudgingly bought a box anyways.

Their stock used to be great for PPU, couple months ago they were blowing out 7.5x54 French, $10 a box...

Quote Originally Posted by DasMauser View Post
    Yep hit them a few days prior, all they had was soft points for $36, and that was a sale price...begrudgingly bought a box anyways.

Their stock used to be great for PPU, couple months ago they were blowing out 7.5x54 French, $10 a box...
    I bought a set of Lee 8x56 dies off US EBay. Eventually that’ll feed the noise maker. Never seem to have enough time to take the guns for a walk lately....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011