Thread: Second Shoot

Second Shoot

Went to my range for the second time, put 100 rounds through today. Most of my shots were in the top-right but hey, not bad for the second time with only iron-sights.

Firearm used: Ruger 10/22 Carbine.

I'm looking to get a tactical stock and a fore grip. I've been looking at products from Zahal as lots of their products have free shipping, and most of their stocks seem to. Does anyone have any good or even bad words to say about Zahal?

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Carcinogenious

Doug_M (02-16-2016)

Most of my shots were in the top-right but hey, not bad for the second time with only iron-sights.
    Adjust your sights?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    On the topic of the vertical foregrip, why do you think you need one? It won't make you shoot better, it'll probably hurt you in the sense of letting you develop bad form. They have a purpose, but it doesn't look like you'd be best served by one, as for which one to get if you did actually need one. The simplest broomstick style ones are usually the way to go, the stubby grips are used by those who used it more as a hand stop for an indexing point although if you have really small hands you could get away with it. The angled style grips on the market are products used to facilitate the new techniques to hold rifles that are supposedly superior.

I don't have anything bad to say about Zahal but any VG with ergo notches molded in is probably gonna reinforce you gripping it a certain way which may not be ideal. A Cheap GG&G broomstick VG would do the same for cheaper, that is if it was even needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    On the topic of the vertical foregrip, why do you think you need one? It won't make you shoot better, it'll probably hurt you in the sense of letting you develop bad form. They have a purpose, but it doesn't look like you'd be best served by one, as for which one to get if you did actually need one. The simplest broomstick style ones are usually the way to go, the stubby grips are used by those who used it more as a hand stop for an indexing point although if you have really small hands you could get away with it. The angled style grips on the market are products used to facilitate the new techniques to hold rifles that are supposedly superior.

I don't have anything bad to say about Zahal but any VG with ergo notches molded in is probably gonna reinforce you gripping it a certain way which may not be ideal. A Cheap GG&G broomstick VG would do the same for cheaper, that is if it was even needed.
    Thanks, I guess I'll use that money to get a red-dot then, I have a $20 gift card form Bass Pro still to use. I smell a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Adjust your sights?
    Not needed.

The first time I went, I paid the fee, got my membership card, and got a key, and the range officer at the time did some stuff with me. On the third target I got a ton of it on the black and even a few dead on.

This time though, the front door was locked, I had to use my key, the lights were off, etc, etc, I had to open the range, etc, etc.

It was only me.

The gun shoots straight, it's just me.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinogenious View Post
    Not needed.

The first time I went, I paid the fee, got my membership card, and got a key, and the range officer at the time did some stuff with me. On the third target I got a ton of it on the black and even a few dead on.

This time though, the front door was locked, I had to use my key, the lights were off, etc, etc, I had to open the range, etc, etc.

It was only me.

The gun shoots straight, it's just me.
    If you shot 100rds and 90% hit say the top right. Then its not you, Its your sights.

I have a hand stop on mine. Because It keeps me from putting my hand forward of the muzzle, since I got such a short barrel. As for Zahals the prices are in USD and you could probably find stuff for less local.

Did your 1022 come with a weaver base? Save the 20$ gift card and buy ammo, I give you a BSA reddot for free. Nothing wrong with it I don't got a use.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RobertMcC

3MTA3 (02-22-2016), Doug_M (02-16-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Carcinogenious View Post
    I'm looking to get a tactical stock and a fore grip.
    I agree with Boolets, stick with the traditional stock first. I learned to shoot in the military on C1's so with a pistol grip. Now, even today many years later I have a hard time with traditional stocks that don't have a pistol grip and I wish I didn't. It's like if you learn to drive a car with a standard transmission then driving an automatic is easy, but if you learn the automatic first the stick is hard.

One thing everyone can attest to, there is a ton of accessories and guns you are going to want to buy over the years, it never ends. So you have time and plenty of it. Take that time, don't rush to spend your money. For now, buy more ammo!
    Spread the word on petition e-2341 (Democratic process). Send people to http://oneclearvoice.ca which takes them directly to the petition.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

Booletsnotreactwell (02-16-2016)

RobertMcC
    I had a SR22 and I prefer this setup.

Here's the red dot I said you can have.

^^^YO!!!!
    He may have dibs but if he declines PICK ME!!!!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    ^^^YO!!!!
    He may have dibs but if he declines PICK ME!!!!
    I sent it out Friday to him.