Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    Holy crap. That is one big ol pile of legal mumbo jumbo. I think I'd rather get charged and go to jail than be forced to read and understand all that ! LOL.

At any rate.....I've got a slip roll in the garage that hasn't done enough to justify its place in my shop yet. Anybody know how much a 1/2 sheet of 20 gauge copper sheet is going for these days ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

chrisc (03-04-2016), Gaidheal (03-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    Actually, that's the old version. Here's the link to the new one, specifically to the sections of interest (60 and 61):

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...ge-9.html#h-21

I have not read the whole thing and I'm not a lawyer. There may well be more sections that are relevant to the question at hand. Would the authorities/justice system do anything to you if you are caught? That's another question entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by looch View Post
    Don't go painting me with that brush - I'm as unwashed as the next guy.

My first brew actually came as a hermetically sealed bag of wort. All I did was pour it into a sterilized fermenter and pitched the yeast packet.
    A FestaBrew? That was my first kit, in Red Ale, really didn't do anything for me but give me a headache.
    Still choked it down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by looch View Post
    Would the authorities/justice system do anything to you if you are caught? That's another question entirely.
    There might be something to that. The brew place in Wpg sells turbo yeast, liquor flavourings, distillers, catch jars and coolers. Everything in one handy place. But I guess there are head shops...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    I was wondering about that. Lagers are my favorite type of beer. If I were to dabble in making beer, it would definitely be lagers.
    For brewing from grain, yes. The kits in a can brew at room temp. Actually, the Munton's Premium Lager was one of the nicest ones I've made. I have a batch on the go that needs bottling pdq.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

FlyingHigh (03-01-2016)

I have not read the whole thing and I'm not a lawyer. There may well be more sections that are relevant to the question at hand. Would the authorities/justice system do anything to you if you are caught? That's another question entirely.
    I did a little Googling earlier out of curiousity. It would seem that it may be mostly a misdemeanour, (some potentially large fines and short jail stints) and the courts often toss the charges so long as one isn't selling high test hooch for profit....

That's just from a few moonshiner's forums, and I'm not a lawyer or a cop..... I do however have a serious stash of soft copper tubing in the garage....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    A FestaBrew? That was my first kit, in Red Ale, really didn't do anything for me but give me a headache.
    Still choked it down, though.
    Mine was an Irish Red, too - but the kit was "Baron's Premium." It wasn't that bad and still cheaper than a case (box, 2-4, whatever you call it in your parts).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    I was wondering about that. Lagers are my favorite type of beer. If I were to dabble in making beer, it would definitely be lagers.
    At this time of year I like to brew a "steam beer" or "California Common" which is made by using a particular strain of lager yeast than can withstand higher than typical lager temperatures. I just stick the fermenter in a cooler part of the house. My home is 140 years old so I have plenty of those. Say between 58 and 62F.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By looch

Rory McCanuck (03-02-2016)

When I originally read this thread, I thought it was about a GOC brand beer. Which makes me think... What would be the beer of GOC?

Quote Originally Posted by Call-sign_ENIGMA View Post
    When I originally read this thread, I thought it was about a GOC brand beer. Which makes me think... What would be the beer of GOC?
    Baconbrau Lager.....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

Call-sign_ENIGMA (03-04-2016), chrisc (03-04-2016)

I make beer and wine (not real wine, the fruity "arbour mist" type wine that my wife likes).
    I only brew from kits. I can't justify the extra time to make beer from scratch.
    And speaking of saving time, keg your beer. It doesn't cost that much to get set up to keg into pop canisters.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

15. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Gaidheal (03-07-2016)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast