Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar

Alberta Poker Rally 2016

Alberta Poker rally shoot

Good day everyone

Just wanted to post up that it looks like the poker rally shoot is slated for July 9/10 2016! . The area is kind of central between Edmonton and Calgary for those that have not attended before !

The buy in will be 90$/per adult or 140$ for a family of four and kids under 16 shoot free for the two days of this event ,the shoot is open to families and we encourage everyone to partake . Once again supper will be provided but this year we would ask for 10$ for anyone that attends but didn't shoot , kids will still eat free of charge

Now the premise behind this event is you load your rifle on your quad or truck and take trails and roads to various shooting positions and engage targets at unknown distances. Then proceed to the next station on your map till you have completed the course. At each station you will engage targets that are assigned to cards that will be laid out at random by the rso that is attending each shooting station . At the end of the shoot the hands will be tabulated and prizes will be awarded on Saturday night.

There is camping in the area and I encourage people to bring your RV's if you have them . Now I shouldn't have to mention this but no drinking during the event will be tolerated ! You will be asked to leave and not refunded your entry fee!! After the event fill your boots and have fun tho! One change for this year is I will ask everyone to book their own stalls for the camping , the contact information for the camp site is provided on the entry form.

I am starting the list and would ask that you prepay before the 25 of June 2014. I am accepting emt's cash and checks . I will be making up an entry form that will be sent out to you and will need to be forwarded with your payment . I will have all these details worked out in the next day here . If you contact me at albertapokerrally@gmail.com , I will forward the entry form to you . I have 60 spots open and by the amount of interest generated by last years shoot spots will fill fast !

This shoot is limited to any round equal too or under a 300 win mag , and the average distance we will be shooting is out to 500m with a few extra targets farther out around 1200m.you will need 28 rounds for the whole event.

I look forward to seeing everyone out there for this shoot and meeting some new faces ! As a side note I should mention that there is a good chance things could be muddy! So be prepared for this in the event it rains or we have a ton of water !

Steve

EM Precision Rifles Schecter 81's Avatar

Red Deer Shooting Center and GOC have teamed up and donated a $500 gift card!

Darrel May has donated a prize for the third year in a row!! This year it is a Bushnell Sentry 18-36x50mm spotting scope and hard case!

Edwin at Prophet River has donated an American Precision Arms Little Bastard muzzle brake to this event! You guys remember what we do with rifle parts....

Gary Eakin at Bighorn Sales has donated a Benchmark Barrel to the shoot! Contact Gary at thereamerguy@yahoo.ca or on Facebook!!

Peter at Hirsch Precision is donating for the third year in a row!! Hirsch is the #1 place for all your Lapua, Sightron, or Nightforce needs!

Frank at Trigger Tech supplied us a trigger to give away last year. This year Frank is supplying another trigger! Guess what we will be doing with this one!

Bob Jury at Jury Custom Barrels has donated a custom barrel for giveaway. Winners choice of caliber and twist for .30 cal and below

Burton Tactical has sponsored the event for the third year in a row!

Johnsons Bro. Cerakote has donated a free cerakote job to a firearm! Check out their Facebook page for some cool cerakote jobs.

CSSA is sponsoring the event again this year! Apparently some nice 5.11 gear will be coming!

Rangetech has donated a Terminator Muzzle Brake and a Condor Shooting mat to the event!

JR has donated a two cases of Gryphon Energetics! Here comes the boom!!

SFRC has sponsored the event this year!

Milarm has donated a shooting mat to the event this year! Thanks Cody and Gord!

KS Arms has donated a custom action for us to put to good use!! Guess what we will be doing with this beauty!

Joe has donated a $100 gift certificate towards instock parts or gunsmithing fees.

Len at Phoenix Range in Edmonton has sponsored us again for the second year in a row with two $100 dollar gift cards!

WRAS has donated several steel targets to giveaway this year!

NEA has donated a couple of 12.5" barrels and muzzle brakes! Time to get your AR on!

Cadex has donated for the second year in a row! Someone is going to be the proud new owner of a sexy new 30mm unitized scope mount!

Tundra Supply has sponsored for the second year in a row! Thanks Jon!

Ken and Flora from Wild West have donated again this year with a $100 gift card!

Tactical Innovations is a major event sponsor for the third year running!!!

Scott at Red Star is donating a couple really nice shooting mats. Look forward to seeing you at the shoot!

Kate at Ammo Supply donated a bunch of Tannerite! Thanks Kate!

Jason Anderson at Anderson Arms donated a bunch of AR500 Steel Targets as well as his time as an RSO for the third year!
    Another great rifle builder!!
    Last edited by Schecter 81; 07-12-2016 at 08:52 AM.

shoot is over 1/3 sold out

4. The Following User Liked This Post By stevesummit

jwirecom109 (03-06-2016)

In the thriving metropolis of Beiseker AB.
    I'm in, and did you get my email a few days ago?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
    You had me at Bacon

NFA

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik9 View Post
    I'm in, and did you get my email a few days ago?

I'm not sure if I did, refresh my memory sorry !!

In the thriving metropolis of Beiseker AB.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesummit View Post
    I'm not sure if I did, refresh my memory sorry !!
    I did receive an email from you later this morning. Thanks. I will be sending an emt and my registration after payday.

You had me at Bacon

NFA

Snipezilla and i are in. I'll send an email to you tonight.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By FlyingHigh

snipezilla (04-08-2016)

Well, I finally got around to scanning and emailing in our forms and fees. We're really looking forward to the shoot this year. I just need to get a good recoil pad as my 7mm Rem Mag is pretty ignorant to shoot more than a couple times prone or off a bench. LOL.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

rottweilerboy (03-22-2016), snipezilla (04-08-2016)

I just booked. Looks like the sites are filling up fast already.

Crap. I nearly forgot it was time to book the site. Oh well, we're in now.
    Last edited by FlyingHigh; 04-10-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast