Thread: Millett DSM-1

Millett DSM-1

So i picked up one of these with never handling one before. Got it mounted on a Nork M1A and found some thing I've never seen before in a scope. It's a 1-4 power and when its on the lowest setting, it seems as the edge of the glass is distorted. When I turn it up to 1.5 it seems to go away for the most part but I still notice it a bit. Is this a common thing with these scopes???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
    WTS - US Optics Scope

Seems to me to be a parelaxing issue. Contact PervePete on CGN and he will be able to tell you excatly what is going on as he fixes optics for fun.

I used it own one, but didn't notice this problem. I didn't really believe it to be a true 1x anyhow
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    Seems to me to be a parelaxing issue. Contact PervePete on CGN and he will be able to tell you excatly what is going on as he fixes optics for fun.
    Yeah, I'll till you take a look at it this weekend first and yell me what you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    I used it own one, but didn't notice this problem. I didn't really believe it to be a true 1x anyhow
    You get that right, a 1x it is not. Actually, 1.5 is closer to 1x. Ill see if I can get a pic of it cause it almost looks like it should be that way.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk 2
    WTS - US Optics Scope

I was finally ab le to get a pic to show whats happening. If you look at the right side, that's my patio door. If you look closely you will see that it curves towards the center. It does the same on both side.

Any ideas???

Ya something aint right there. I did notice scratches and ring marks on the outside. Plus when on the 1 setting the image seem to be smaller and further away. I strongley believe that maybe on of the lens are not in perfect alignment.

All's well that eds well. After talking with the seller he agreed to buy back the scope. Sent me the EMT for the cost of the scope, shipping back and he threw in a extra $30 for all the trouble. So now I'm looking for some thing else, maybe another Vortex.

This is what I am getting next pay day for my all hard chromed addition;
    http://www.workwearcanada.com/products/detail.cfm?product=896
    $500 1 to 8 powered scope.
    Hell that is just perfect for the m14 range but now the thing that sold me on it wasn't the german glass or there warenty but the fact that they have an EoTech style reticale.
    Although the Vortex warrenty is the best in the buisness for the $$$ range I am looking at it is either this or a ziess but I don't like the 3 to 9 range.