Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Youth archery programs

My daughter has expressed an interest in archery. That said, does anyone have any experience with the club in North Battleford, Battle River Archers.

If it's something she takes to what should I budget for equipment and what's best to start with? I know less than zero about this sport so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

My niece has expressed interest in archery ever since she got to shoot ballons at daycamp.
    Her favorite uncle(me) is buying her a starter archery set consisting of a bow with 9lb draw with target tip arrows for Christmas.
    It'll be something for her to do at Grandma and Grandpas place(no place for her to do it in the city around here, that I am aware of)

Geez, looks like we missed a thread.

I'm not familar with Battleford's program, but they have a great one here in Saskatoon. I'd take your daughter to a bow shop. There's a good one in Saskatoon (North Pro Sports), but I'm sure you can find something a bit closer. With a good bow and a set of arrows, you're looking at anywhere from $350 to $700 to get completely set up. I bought my wife a nice bowtech and got it all set up for about $650, but she can also use it to hunt deer.

Thanks. She's been shooting in NB now since the beginning of October. Her early Christmas present was a Mission Craze bow, set up by Allen at NB Bait and Tackle.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

Update

My daughter was in her first archery competition this weekend, a 3D silhouette shoot. She won a bronze medal in her age group!!!! The preceeding post brought to you by an extremely proud Dad!
    Last edited by Prairie Dog; 03-24-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Hey, congratulations to your daughter(and her proud dad)! That can't be easy to practice in the winter, good for her for getting out to a competition.
    CSSA CCFR

Thanks Strewth. She's involved with an excellent club. Up until a few weeks ago they were in the Sask Wildlife building and have since moved into the old curling rink in Battleford.

Wow, that's hard core! Archery-curling...

Seriously that sounds like a smart venue for archery though, planting your butts in the house and all that
    CSSA CCFR

lol, it's just the archery club in there now. The curling club moved to the new multiplex.

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Glad to hear your daughter did well sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast