Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    She definitely isn't "in" with a lot of popular Cons, either Rona Ambrose or Kevin O'Leary.

O'Leary went as far as saying she was so far outside the fringe on her Canadian values testing point that she was dead in the party now.
    I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique.
    What is the public position of the cool kids on the priority of tabling the enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms classification System?
    Decriminalizing firearms?

You may use whatever criteria you choose to fund a candidate.
    I fund issues and commitment to deliver, not candidates.
    I reward success, not effort or platitudes.
    Last edited by Zinilin; 09-22-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJSpeller View Post
    Leitch is completely in the pockets of the Toronto "conservative" cabal - a lot of old time PCs, the kind of people who supported Christine Elliott provincially. Definitely a bunch of insiders. I know, because I work within this group of conservatives. She's made some noises in the right direction, but I don't really trust her. She is not very personable, and has the charisma of a stone. If we can't do better with our leadership, we are fuked.
    So Maxime it is!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By coastal

Swampdonkey (12-14-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique.
    What is the public position of the cool kids on the priority of tabling the enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms classification System?
    Decriminalizing firearms?

You may use whatever criteria you choose to fund a candidate.
    I fund issues and commitment to deliver, not candidates.
    I reward success, not effort or platitudes.
    Maxime Bernier is sincere I think, and very personable but is what he is promising achievable and politically possible?? I don't know. I wish his english speaking was a bit better. Very interestingly, in the Vancouver convention I ran into a lot of Quebec conservatives who DID NOT support him, and did not think that just because he was french-Canadian it would translate into more conservatives seats. He comes from a riding that is not representative of most of Quebec, and which already is in a region where the conservatives are relatively strong. They need seats in the cities, and I doubt Bernier can deliver that merely because of his origins.

From Wikipedia:
    The Beauce riding has the highest percentage of people who answered "Canadian" as their ethnic origin in the 2006 Census (84.0%; multiple responses).[3]
    It is also the riding with the highest percentage of White Caucasians (99.3%)

That said, Quebec voters are crazy fickle, and switch their votes on a whim, as they did with Layton, and then with Trudeau. Maybe...
    Last edited by TJSpeller; 09-22-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique....
    She is very popular with Toronto conservatives. I have been astonished at how "big names" in Toronto have quickly rallied to her side. I know these people well, they are not stupid, but I have not been able to figure out why they are supporting her so aggressively.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Just got this email from the Bernier campaign:

MOJO88, I’m worried.

Liberals hate guns.

We know they’re going to change the law.

But we don’t know how.

They won’t tell us.

So I’m forcing them to answer. I’m using a Parliamentary tool.

I want to know, are they planning on making any firearms restricted, or prohibited?

Is the RCMP making any changes to the Firearms Reference Table?

These are important questions.

Without changing any laws, the Liberals could steal our property and make people criminals overnight.

It’s not fair, and it doesn’t make Canada any safer.

I don’t believe that public safety means taking guns from law-abiding citizens.

I don’t believe that owning firearms makes you a criminal, or dangerous, or violent person.

When I’m Prime Minister, firearms owners won’t have to worry anymore.

I’ll respect Canadian traditions.

I’ll respect hunters.

I’ll respect target shooters, and collectors.

I’ll respect you.

Sincerely,
    Hon. Maxime Bernier
    Conservative Leadership Candidate

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    $5.00 is a Timmie's run. If they correlate the donations to the message, maybe they might see how important the firearms issue is.
    Now when the CPC fundraisers call me (which they do on a regular basis) I can say I donated a little but am waiting for some real commitment before I send any more. The hopes of 'more' gets any politicians attention.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

8. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Coke (10-25-2016)

Need? or Tests of Knowledge and Proficiency?

Received this today from Maxime.

CLW .45,

Some of the other candidates are lying.

Theyíre lying because theyíre scared.

Theyíre scared, because they know weíre winning.

Kellie Leitch claimed my plan to shrink the CBC would cost an extra $400 million a year.

Steven Blaney is claiming that the dairy cartel doesnít cost any money, and that we would end up paying more for milk if the cartel didnít exist.

Facts arenít facts if you make them up.

Here are the real facts:

Iíll cut the CBCís mandate, and stop it from competing in the private sector.

Iíll abolish supply management, and end the dairy cartel that controls the market with Soviet-style price-fixing.

Here are some more facts.

Iím winning.

An article came out today analyzing the fundraising numbers.

People who claimed Iím just the Quebec candidate are going to eat their words.

71% of all the donors from Alberta gave to me.

68% of all the donors from BC gave to me.

In the north, Iím cleaning up with 82% of donors.

The prairies: Iím at 65%.

In Atlantic Canada, 59% of donors gave to my campaign.

In Ontario, the home province for Kellie Leitch and Michael Chong, I took 40% of donors.

And Quebec?

Well, Iím popular. 90% of all Quebec donors gave to me.

Thatís why some of the other candidates are making up facts.

Thatís why theyíre attacking me.

They know Iím winning, and they canít compete honestly.

Platform against platform, they know I win.

And when we take this platform to Canadians in 2019, Conservatives will win.

And weíll win big.

You should click here right now and donate $5 to my campaign.

Sincerely,

Hon. Maxime Bernier

My reply.

Maxime,

Among firearms owners you are still a big question mark.

Will you commit to making substantial change to firearms law during your first year of a majority?

Substantial change begins the dismantling of the disarmament agenda that is the firearms act and part III of the criminal code.

For example. Licenced, qualified handgun owners are being denied access to the provisions of section 20 of the act by a requirement to demonstrate "need." We believe that the law should be changed, to require authorization to carry to protect life when the applicant has demonstrated knowledge and proficiency.

Please answer this question. Do you support,
    1. Need, or
    2. Tests of knowledge and proficiency?

Thanks,

CLW .45
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Yes, it's time for a change - substantial change.

This from Maxime today.

CLW .45, how many politicians are afraid to do and say what is right?

Far too manyÖ itís wrong, we must change that.

Hereís my record, Iím not afraid, Iíve been talking this talk for years.

Iím not afraid to call out the Central Bank Governor for cheerleading Justin Trudeauís out of control deficit spending.

Itís wrong. He should be impartial. But others are afraid to say whatís right.

Iím not afraid to call out supply management for what it is, a regressive tax on milk.

Others say we should have ďfood sovereigntyĒ Ö What the?

Iím not afraid to call for aggressive free trade expansion.

Canada is a trading nation, our prosperity depends on trade.

Others only care about erecting tariff walls around Canada.

Iím not afraid to say Canada must aggressively grow our economy.

With lower and lower taxes across the board.

Iím not afraid to call for the elimination of the CRTC in telecom.

We need more competition in our wireless market.

Iím not afraid to call for more competition in the airline industry.

God knows Canadian airfares are among the highest in the world.

We must confront our fears, we must implement principled change.

Click here and donate $5 to my campaign.

Itís time for a change.

Sincerely,

Hon. Maxime Bernier

My response.

Maxime, it seems that all of the leadership candidates are afraid.

Yes, that includes you. A harsh indictment? Perhaps.

You see, Canadian firearms law is aimed squarely at those who are least likely to endanger their fellows. In fact, it is designed to disarm the people of Canada.

- "Need" is used to deny qualified individuals access to handguns with which to protect the lives of their loved ones.

- Prohibition is used to prevent access to guns that are ostensibly too dangerous for you to have. Ostensibly, because there is not a type of firearm that one may not find on the prohibited list, in one form or another. Rifle, pistol, shotgun - single shot, double barrel, revolver, bolt action, pump action, semi auto, full auto. Every type of firearm in one form or another, whether because the barrel or overall length is too short, the action type is scary, or (and this is outrageous) is identical in every respect to a non restricted firearm, but the barrel(s) were shortened to match that unrestricted rifle or shotgun by someone other than the factory.

- Use, carriage, and possession of firearms is subject to the full weight of criminal law. Not misuse, but the normal uses to which any firearm may lawfully be put. The get out of jail card (licence or authorization) is just a temporary permission to do what is forbidden.

Firearms law is designed to disarm us. That is unacceptable.

Substantial change, that which changes the very nature of the law, is necessary. I find it difficult to believe that you are unable to understand the concept. You say you support firearms owners.

If you don't understand, please contact me.

If you do understand, you will also see why I say that, "all of the leadership candidates are afraid."

How could I not say that, when not one of you acknowledges the requirement for substantial change?

CLW .45
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

I'm liking Bernier.

Maxime, it seems that all of the leadership candidates are afraid.

Yes, that includes you. A harsh indictment? Perhaps.

You see, Canadian firearms law is aimed squarely at those who are least likely to endanger their fellows. In fact, it is designed to disarm the people of Canada.

- "Need" is used to deny qualified individuals access to handguns with which to protect the lives of their loved ones.

- Prohibition is used to prevent access to guns that are ostensibly too dangerous for you to have. Ostensibly, because there is not a type of firearm that one may not find on the prohibited list, in one form or another. Rifle, pistol, shotgun - single shot, double barrel, revolver, bolt action, pump action, semi auto, full auto. Every type of firearm in one form or another, whether because the barrel or overall length is too short, the action type is scary, or (and this is outrageous) is identical in every respect to a non restricted firearm, but the barrel(s) were shortened to match that unrestricted rifle or shotgun by someone other than the factory.

- Use, carriage, and possession of firearms is subject to the full weight of criminal law. Not misuse, but the normal uses to which any firearm may lawfully be put. The get out of jail card (licence or authorization) is just a temporary permission to do what is forbidden.

Firearms law is designed to disarm us. That is unacceptable.

Substantial change, that which changes the very nature of the law, is necessary. I find it difficult to believe that you are unable to understand the concept. You say you support firearms owners.

If you don't understand, please contact me.

If you do understand, you will also see why I say that, "all of the leadership candidates are afraid."

How could I not say that, when not one of you acknowledges the requirement for substantial change?

CLW .45
    Hope we don't die of old age waiting for Berniers response.
    O'Leary gets the best marks for candor so far.
    He as much as called us redneck nut cases for wanting to reclassify the AR-15 to non-restricted.
    The other candidates including Bernier have developed cases of political garblemouth.
    From a purely gun owner point of view Blaney is the best bet having demonstrated that he was gun tolerant during the Harper administration by reversing the decision of the RCMP to prohibit 2 firearms.
    O'Leary has the best chance of beating the turd in 2019.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast