Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Moose hunting is just about done in many parts of Ontario except for the privileged ethnic groups.
    I'm expect that the renewed but hobbled spring bear season will be short lived.
    Now no hunting for wolves and coyotes is just about a done deal.
    I expect lead shot will be banned like it is in California and other liberal north american jurisdictions.
    The elimination of most hunting will beg the question "with hunting gone why do they need to own guns?"
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Gunrunner

Hidyn (08-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Moose hunting is just about done in many parts of Ontario except for the privileged ethnic groups.
    I'm expect that the renewed but hobbled spring bear season will be short lived.
    Now no hunting for wolves and coyotes is just about a done deal.
    I expect lead shot will be banned like it is in California and other liberal north american jurisdictions.
    The elimination of most hunting will beg the question "with hunting gone why do they need to own guns?"
    You got that right. For the first time ever I let my opportunity to hunt moose in Ontario lapse this year. Was born and hunted moose there as a resident until 2004, then for the next 12 years paid the non-resident fee in order to keep hunting with my dad. He too did not apply for the first time since the early 80's. The Ontario MNR is a more like a circus clown car than a caretaker of the natural resources. Too bad, Ontario was one of the best places to hunt in my experience. Not any more. It went down hill starting with the Schad Foundation initiating the cessation of the spring bear hunt.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Not having a trapping license, I don't really have a horse in this race. As far as I see, it's about giving the eastern wolf a bit more contiguous range. Could this benefit coyotes too, sure. But it doesn't preclude killing any canid that threatens property. And the regs are always subject to change if over-population warrants it.

btw I have camped out in the outback of Algonquin Park, several portages from anywhere, and have heard the wolves feeding. I have to admit it's an eerie feeling to ponder their obvious lack of table manners and my own insignificance as an unarmed meat treat.
    Last edited by LB303; 08-12-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234