Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    They are not issuing prohib licenses, so you cannot obtain the proper license. Being unable to obtain the proper license means you cannot register it. Afaik
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    They are not issuing prohib licenses, so you cannot obtain the proper license. Being unable to obtain the proper license means you cannot register it. Afaik
    Ok, 2 questions, what is "Afaik"? And is this another example of the CFO's applying their own agenda and not applying the laws written in the criminal code ?

Quote Originally Posted by 88 louie View Post
    Ok, 2 questions, what is "Afaik"? And is this another example of the CFO's applying their own agenda and not applying the laws written in the criminal code ?
    Afaik= As Far As I Know.
    As to prohib licences, if you didn't have the firearm in question registered before Dec 1st 1998, you are out of luck. Currently.
    Here's the RCMP fact sheet with links to the Criminal Code:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...rohibe-eng.htm
    CSSA CCFR

As Far As I Know. As for the CFOs of course they are applying their own agenda. Just like refusing to provide antique letters for people who change calibers in order to derestrict their antique pistols. I have a friend who had to rebarrel a luger recently due to the CFO refusing to approve the prohib license for his inherited pistol.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

One way to avoid destruction if you cannot own it yourself might be someone with museum status? They should be able to get it registered and keep it alive until the laws change.

I went thru this process with an old Webley Revolver I resurrected. It is Long & involved.

1) Call the Firearms Office (Main Number) & tell them what you have & how you came to receive the weapon. They will want you to prove it is not a PROHIB.
    2) Sit Back & Wait, Eventually some One will call.
    3) Sit Back & Wait. A CFO officer finally comes Out to your house & inspects the weapon & Verifies the Serial number.
    4) Sit Back & Wait. Finally your Reg. Doc Shows up in the Mail & you can Use the Weapon.
    Smile & Always Shoot To Kill !!

Thanks for the input guys. Good advice, Strewth posted the link that stated the legalities. Much appreciated I'm sure for anyone that finds them self in the situation. Just one thing I would like to add, in regards to the word "weapon". People can use whatever word they want, I can read between the lines. However, the word is often misused. A weapon is an object used in the act of a crime. Here's an example; A friend was out target shooting, the RCMP rolled up. He unloaded and put the rifle down, next to others on a table and stepped away from the table. During the conversation, he was asked if the constables could see his weapons. He replied, as recommended by the NFA, "I do not have any weapons but, you can look at my firearms." All was good, they had a nice chat and went on their way. I was surprised by the choice of words used by the constable. But a great answer on his part. Thanks again for the knowledge guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 88 louie View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Good advice, Strewth posted the link that stated the legalities. Much appreciated I'm sure for anyone that finds them self in the situation. Just one thing I would like to add, in regards to the word "weapon". People can use whatever word they want, I can read between the lines. However, the word is often misused. A weapon is an object used in the act of a crime. Here's an example; A friend was out target shooting, the RCMP rolled up. He unloaded and put the rifle down, next to others on a table and stepped away from the table. During the conversation, he was asked if the constables could see his weapons. He replied, as recommended by the NFA, "I do not have any weapons but, you can look at my firearms." All was good, they had a nice chat and went on their way. I was surprised by the choice of words used by the constable. But a great answer on his part. Thanks again for the knowledge guys.

Thats a funny video. Lol

where's that internet picture of three monkeys covering their mouth, ears and eyes when you need it???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast