PAL/RPAL application, if you're new to the country

Well, I can't find anything mentioning the particular issue I came up against in any searches, so I thought I would start a thread just in case it helps anyone else out.

I did my CFSC/CRFSC courses and applied for my PAL/RPAL.
    Based on info I had read here and other places, I phoned when my application had been received for 28 days.
    They interviewed one of my references only and told me that they were good to go and would send it on to the BC CFO.

After a further 2 weeks, I had heard nothing (seen no change on the website) and I phoned them again to check if there were any issues with my application - I was told that they were complete and it was now with the CFO.

On phoning the BC CFO office - and after much persuasion to get them to look at it, they told me that, as I was in the country less than 5 years, they would need either a police certificate, or a copy of my PR card. This was not mentioned anywhere that I could find.
    I was given an email address to send it to and I sent it within 5 minutes of the phonecall.

After a couple of days and hearing nothing and no change on the website, I phoned again, to see if they received it and that there were now no further delays. They told me that they received several hundred emails a day and that I was to phone back in two weeks and they may have got to my email by then.

In order to "speed up" the process, I called in to their office in person, showed my PR card and "sweet talked" the extremely nice lady behind the counter - she thanked me for calling in personally and approved my application there and then!!

Now I just have to wait for it to be printed out and sent to me.

On phoning the BC CFO office - and after much persuasion to get them to look at it, they told me that, as I was in the country less than 5 years, they would need either a police certificate, or a copy of my PR card. This was not mentioned anywhere that I could find.

Right there on Page 2 of 8.

New Canadian Residents
    If you have been a resident of Canada for less than 5 years you must obtain a letter of good conduct issued by the local or state police of your previous country of residence.

What did you provide as proof of identity in Part 13?

Examples of other types of identification you may use to prove your identity are:
    Federal, provincial, territorial or municipal employee
    identification card
    Passport
    Birth certificate
    Citizenship certificate
    Permanent resident document

Anywho, glad it is all sorted out.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...s/5592-eng.pdf

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Pizzed

DethMyst (06-15-2016)