Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ive owned 3 vortex products, all 3 had RMA's and promptly sold after NIB, I now rock 2 Aimpoints and a NSX

Unless you are buying the Razor, stay away. vortex sells you a warranty not a top tier product

2. The Following User Liked This Post By DILLIGAF

TDC (08-12-2016)

What about their Venom red dot? I'm considering one of those for mounting atop a regular scope on an AR15, but lean a little more towards the Burris Fastfire III.

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post
    What about their Venom red dot? I'm considering one of those for mounting atop a regular scope on an AR15, but lean a little more towards the Burris Fastfire III.
    You get what you pay for. My experience with the Fastfire was positive, then again I mounted it to a rimfire.

TDC

I have a feeling that vortex will fall victim to its own 'success' - perceived value will drop when replacement turnaround times become unacceptable leading up to, and into, hunting season.

I have been lucky with the PST's on my 6.5 Creedmoor and the one on my DPMS, zero performance issues. One thing I did find though was the lit reticle control on the scope on the Creedmoor doesn't appear to ever fully turn off, draining the battery over time. Not something I am concerned enough about to return for warranty.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

i own multiple vortex products from low end scopes on the kids 22 to higher end viper`s and bino`s, never needed the warranty, 1 buddy did, but turned out all they did was put the wrong dial direction on for his windage adjustment, scope was back in 7 business days, with contact made every step of the way, warranty crap goes the same with every company,( i own leupolds aswell i like to try all before i switch everything over) i know guys with leupolds that have been raked over the coals, nightforce(almost a year of fighting with them so far on this one), huskemaw, zeiss(7 months on this one), so no, its not vortex only , but they do stand behind their product, the replace or fix thing is simple, a repair takes such and such amount of days once parts and such are sourced, so instead of the end user having to wait for parts, then repair, they opt to send out a new scope, then they fix the old one and sell it as refurbished, simple concept really, other dealers do this is as well, and for the record, my viper has gone from a 308 to a 7mm and is now on a 338, and never once had an issue, my first leupold vx2 was sent back 3 times, the next two vx-2 are still good though

8. The Following User Liked This Post By ian745

Rory McCanuck (08-14-2016)

I have no idea why someone would complain about a scope being replaced instead of repaired.
    I can just imagine someone fuming about being sent a new scope instead of waiting a month for a repair on a old scope.
    Even if it's repair my scope so I can sell the POS like dilligaf did, what sells better - a repaired scope or a replacement?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    i own multiple vortex products from low end scopes on the kids 22 to higher end viper`s and bino`s, never needed the warranty, 1 buddy did, but turned out all they did was put the wrong dial direction on for his windage adjustment, scope was back in 7 business Location, with contact made every step of the way, warranty crap goes the same with every company,( i own leupolds aswell i like to try all before i switch everything over) i know guys with leupolds that have been raked over the coals, nightforce(almost a year of fighting with them so far on this one), huskemaw, zeiss(7 months on this one), so no, its not vortex only , but they do stand behind their product, the replace or fix thing is simple, a repair takes such and such amount of days once parts and such are sourced, so instead of the end user having to wait for parts, then repair, they opt to send out a new scope, then they fix the old one and sell it as refurbished, simple concept really, other dealers do this is as well, and for the record, my viper has gone from a 308 to a 7mm and is now on a 338, and never once had an issue, my first leupold vx2 was sent back 3 times, the next two vx-2 are still good though
    I'm really hoping they don't make me wait the 4 to 6 weeks as stated in the email. I've got a shoot on the 26th of this month and it's probably the last one of the year I'll be able to make. If it comes down to the 25th and I still don't have it back I guess I'll be pulling the pin on a Nightforce if finances permit it in any way. I'm going to give them a call on Monday to see what the real scoop is.

What problem are you experiencing with your Nightforce if you don't mind me asking ??
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The 1x6 vortex strike eagle is a great scope i think every company has a diamond in the rough. I know a $1500 should be better but for most of us who shoot for enjoyment and sport i base the effectiveness on minute o popcan at any distance. Shaken, not stirred.

I also have 2 strikefire 2s. They are awesome for they are and hold zero. At higher brightnesses the red dot seems to"grow" but honestly i can still send them home with ease up to 100 yards. 2 inch groups with a tavor all day long.
    Last edited by TacticalCanuck; 08-15-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    I have been lucky with the PST's on my 6.5 Creedmoor and the one on my DPMS, zero performance issues. One thing I did find though was the lit reticle control on the scope on the Creedmoor doesn't appear to ever fully turn off, draining the battery over time. Not something I am concerned enough about to return for warranty.
    So your optic doesn't work as advertised, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    i own multiple vortex products from low end scopes on the kids 22 to higher end viper`s and bino`s, never needed the warranty, 1 buddy did, but turned out all they did was put the wrong dial direction on for his windage adjustment, scope was back in 7 business days, with contact made every step of the way, warranty crap goes the same with every company,( i own leupolds aswell i like to try all before i switch everything over) i know guys with leupolds that have been raked over the coals, nightforce(almost a year of fighting with them so far on this one), huskemaw, zeiss(7 months on this one), so no, its not vortex only , but they do stand behind their product, the replace or fix thing is simple, a repair takes such and such amount of days once parts and such are sourced, so instead of the end user having to wait for parts, then repair, they opt to send out a new scope, then they fix the old one and sell it as refurbished, simple concept really, other dealers do this is as well, and for the record, my viper has gone from a 308 to a 7mm and is now on a 338, and never once had an issue, my first leupold vx2 was sent back 3 times, the next two vx-2 are still good though
    Apologize all you want and seed your beliefs with anecdotal stories as well. Bottom line is Vortex is low end crap that appeals to those who have little understanding of quality optics or simply low budgets. Leopold is low end crap as well. Being ASSEMBLED in the USA and no longer MADE in the USA is a clue. Their prices have always been far too high for what you get. The ignorant cult following of the "gold ring" has kept them afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I have no idea why someone would complain about a scope being replaced instead of repaired.
    I can just imagine someone fuming about being sent a new scope instead of waiting a month for a repair on a old scope.
    Even if it's repair my scope so I can sell the POS like dilligaf did, what sells better - a repaired scope or a replacement?
    Replacing an optic should be the LAST resort as replacing it costs more. Obviously that is not the case with Vortex as they are all too eager to ship you another as opposed to repairing the damaged one. The other scenario is that the failures experienced are terminal failures that would result in a replacement optic. Regardless of the scenario Vortex products are either low quality(terminal failures) or cheap to produce/over priced and aren't worth the cost to repair vs replace.

TDC

13. The Following User Liked This Post By TDC

glockfan (08-16-2016)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast