Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    So far she hasn't started to count.
    *shudder*

That has all the makings of the introductory scene of a horror movie. Before you know it, my entrails are spread across the basement (ripped out by her bare hands), and the crime scene detectives are hearing eerie cries of 'how many more behind the furnace????' as they creep through the powerless house with their flashlights....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    *shudder*

That has all the makings of the introductory scene of a horror movie. Before you know it, my entrails are spread across the basement (ripped out by her bare hands), and the crime scene detectives are hearing eerie cries of 'how many more behind the furnace????' as they creep through the powerless house with their flashlights....
    My wife just asks "So what do I get?"

All my toys cost twice as much.

Since my wife refuses to work I do what I want after the bills are paid. I can actually type that with a straight face. I almost have enough guns anyways. One has eluded me for many years but what can I say.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    UPDATE !!!! - I got an email from Vortex today. Unable to repair the Viper. Sending me a new one. Hopefully it gets here before Canada Post goes on strike. I'll let you guys know when it's actually in my hands.
    (No offence at all towards you Blacksmithden, just using your post for back story)

So a $1500 optic has a tracking issue and it isn't worth Vortex's time or money to repair it, but somehow it's cheaper to replace it?? Again I ask, what are their optics really worth if a replacement of a $1500 optic AND losing out on the first one is still a viable business model??

I know a handful of businesses that stopped dealing Vortex due to the return issues they encountered. That is over the counter swaps and being stuck having to deal with Vortex to get their inventory replaced. I also have it from a first hand individual at another Vortex dealer that his discount as a staff member on Vortex was 50% off sticker price. So for the $1500 the PST in question he could have had it for $750. Out of that $750 the store still made a profit and so did Vortex. So what do you think the additional $750 is that makes of half of what the retail price is? I'll give everyone a hint, it's called PROFIT. What was more astounding was that the staff at this store(a large well known chain I might add) were also awarded "Vortex bucks" which is credit with Vortex for every optic they sold. So in addition to getting Vortex optics at half price they also had the chance to apply their "Vortex bucks" against the bill to bring the cost down even further...

Still think Vortex are quality optics? Still think the guy behind the counter has your best interests in mind and not his own?

TDC

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TDC

DILLIGAF (09-03-2016), Westicle (08-28-2016)

Well, TDC, you may be correct or you may be mis-informed but either way I'll add this to the mix: for the longest time I wasn't a fan of Vortex (I thought their PST line was OK but nothing to write home about but recently I bought and reviewed a Razor Gen II and I have to say I was really very impressed. If you feel like a longish read check out what I thought here : https://rifletalk.org/2016/08/26/rev...-ii-4-5-27x56/

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Tomochan View Post
    Well, TDC, you may be correct or you may be mis-informed but either way I'll add this to the mix: for the longest time I wasn't a fan of Vortex (I thought their PST line was OK but nothing to write home about but recently I bought and reviewed a Razor Gen II and I have to say I was really very impressed. If you feel like a longish read check out what I thought here : https://rifletalk.org/2016/08/26/rev...-ii-4-5-27x56/

Cheers,

Bob
    A very in depth review Bob. For that kind of money there are far more reputable brands available, such as S&B, Nightforce, USO, Swarovski, and Steiner. I have a hard time trusting a company that offers low end junk and a handful of high priced perceived to be quality optics all under the same name. Either make all your products with care and quality or not at all. Hard to say I'm misinformed when the fact remains that more than a few businesses have stopped dealing Vortex due to the high return rate. The endless threads on multiple forums about Vortex failures along with the predictable "it was replaced not repaired" response is more than my interpretation of the quality(rather lack thereof ) involved. In my opinion Vortex is simply the new Bushnell, lots of low end offerings that suck people in with a "great warranty" that keeps their name in the forefront of the community.

One final note. For bench shooters the Vortex may be adequate. For those who need gear to take a beating and still work they are not the first choice.

TDC

Vortex warranty - not what I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by TDC View Post
    A very in depth review Bob. For that kind of money there are far more reputable brands available, such as S&B, Nightforce, USO, Swarovski, and Steiner. I have a hard time trusting a company that offers low end junk and a handful of high priced perceived to be quality optics all under the same name. Either make all your products with care and quality or not at all. Hard to say I'm misinformed when the fact remains that more than a few businesses have stopped dealing Vortex due to the high return rate. The endless threads on multiple forums about Vortex failures along with the predictable "it was replaced not repaired" response is more than my interpretation of the quality(rather lack thereof ) involved. In my opinion Vortex is simply the new Bushnell, lots of low end offerings that suck people in with a "great warranty" that keeps their name in the forefront of the community.

One final note. For bench shooters the Vortex may be adequate. For those who need gear to take a beating and still work they are not the first choice.

TDC
    I also think that because of their unconditional warranty, you will see more returns. I mistakenly "don't laugh 😜" over torqued my scope ring screws and bent the tube. I told them the truth that I f'd up. They sent me a new scope first, then I sent my broken one back and postage paid. I am actually extremely happy with their optics and customer service in general. Personally I never had any mechanical issues or faults whatsoever. The scope (now 3+ years old) is on my mule kicking 30-06 and I generally knock the crap out of it weekly. I don't think it's fair to compare Vortex with Bushnell. I've used both brands of various models. Vortex is definitely on my recommendation list for a cost efficient, durable, solid, good glass rifle scope that holds true. BTW I use my Vortex HP 3-12x42 for hunting and also precision shooting out to 1200 yards with no mechanical deviations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by texnwar; 08-04-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Vortex warranty - not what I've heard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678