Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Actually, when Arthur pulled the tiles from the scrabble bag, the question was "What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9."...
    ...and you get 42 if you calculate in base 13!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

2. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Coke (08-23-2016)

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Anybody know who this "GOC Moderator" cat is?

I need some cred for a coin...we should be tight by now...the number of infractions I've got so far with that handle attached
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

While I thank everyone for the enthusiasm of wanting a coin.

Applying doesn't mean that you will a receive a coin.

You have to fall into one of the 9 categories.

1. All Admins or former Admins will receive the lowest number coins available at the time.
    2. All Moderators will receive the lowest number coins after admins available at the time.
    3. Former Mods on good terms and active with GOC may apply for a coin.
    4. Members with 4000 or more posts and on good terms with GOC may apply, OR
    5. Dealers and Manufacturers may apply but submit a valid reason for application, OR
    6. Members may apply for a coin if, 5 (five)coin members put their name up, stating they speak for the member as contributing excellence to the community, and stating what they have done. (must be approved by admin), OR
    7. Members may apply for a coin if, the member has spoken to 3 (three) Moderators, those moderators agree to speak for the member as contributing excellence to the community, and stating what they have done. (must be approved by admin), OR
    8. 3 (three) moderators putting forth a member, may award a coin to a member if they are considered contributing excellence to the community. (must be approved by admin), OR
    9. Administrators may award a coin to a member if they are considered contributing excellence to the community.

Lines 1 through 4 are pretty simple to understand.

5 is for dealers and manufacturers

6 through 7 you have to prove that you have done something outstanding to better the community (eg contributing excellence to the community), not necessarily GOC, maybe the firearms community, maybe your local community.

Even if you apply via 6 and 7 you have to still show that you did something worthy of the coin, this isn't just a buddy buddy coin, that you can get people to agree to your name for a coin.

8 and 9 are the moderators and the admins looking at the community and seeing who really deserves a pat on the back.

Sadly being a member since 2012, doesn't count, posting doesn't count unless you hit 4000, and being a nice guy doesn't count.

There are 15 members with post counts over 4,000, another 12 close with 3,000 - 4,000.

We put in the post count because anyone that spends that much time posting on GOC really does spend the time to increase the content of the site and drive members to the site.

Honestly when it came to these coins, it came down to two things, 1. Do I give them away, and make it worth while since we paid alot of them, or 2. Do I just make cash off these and give them to the first 100 that come along.

GOC picked number 1.

Ever since we started GOC we wanted to better the community, by giving back to you with giveaways and discounts to our sponsors. While my partner and I love cash, since we are a business, we would rather have fun and get people to stand out and better the community.

Please do not apply for the coin unless you can prove you have done something outstanding to deserve it.
    Last edited by jwirecom109; 08-22-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

5. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

BrotherRockeye (08-22-2016), FlyingHigh (08-22-2016), Gunny_Guns (08-22-2016), Lazagna (08-23-2016), lone-wolf (08-22-2016), Rory McCanuck (08-22-2016), SIR VEYOR (08-24-2016), Swampdonkey (08-23-2016), zulu (08-22-2016)

Kind of nice seeing them not all go at once. I look forward to seeing someone rewarded one for excellence in the future.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

7. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

jwirecom109 (08-22-2016)

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Thanks for the clarification jwire.
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

9. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By BrotherRockeye

FlyingHigh (08-22-2016), jwirecom109 (08-22-2016), Lazagna (08-23-2016), Swampdonkey (08-23-2016)

too bad those look pretty nice, but i am out of qualification.

4. Members with 4000 or more posts and on good terms with GOC may apply,
    Well, crud.
    CSSA CCFR

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Strewth

kennymo (08-22-2016), Rory McCanuck (08-22-2016)

Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar
    Ya strewth keep walkin

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulu View Post
    Ya strewth keep walkin
    If he could demonstrate a suitable silly walk down Yale Rd at Young Rd on a Friday at noon, would he qualify?
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

15. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Candychikita (08-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    If he could demonstrate a suitable silly walk down Yale Rd at Young Rd on a Friday at noon, would he qualify?
    lol. As that's the area that many social services are based out of in the 'Wack, I would have stiff competition for the silliest walk.
    CSSA CCFR

17. The Following User Liked This Post By Strewth

Candychikita (08-25-2016)

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast