Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    I don't think there's a need for an additional symbol or note in a user's profile. When other organizations honor someone with a challenge coin, it's usually not accompanied by a medal, t-shirt or bumper sticker.
    To be honest I have never heard of a challenge coin before so I'm not privy to their use other than what was posted in the thread.

I don't recall mention of a medal, t-shirt or bumper sticker. No gaudy, over the top "look at me" bs.

The original thought was strictly for a discreet little symbol of recognition.

At a glance we can all see that zulu served (and we thank you for your service)

I thought it would be nice to know at a glance who has/had contributed above and beyond to the firearms community...and most importantly, how many drinks in a round

...thinking about it now I see it as a positive way to entice members to earn one. As an ongoing thing it may motivate members/new members to give back to the firearms community where they may not have. A thread they may/may not see isn't much of catalyst for contributing. A symbol that makes them curious to know more (and if possible takes them to the thread if clicked) could go a long way to adding contributors on a grander scale. Who knows what motivates people to go above and beyond? Look at all the folks out playing pokyman...
    Last edited by BrotherRockeye; 08-29-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: on second thought
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

2. The Following User Liked This Post By BrotherRockeye

webster (08-29-2016)