Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1073
    If there is a red victory today, do I call the CFO tomorrow and change the registration on my AR to bare frame / receiver only?
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    If there is a red victory today, do I call the CFO tomorrow and change the registration on my AR to bare frame / receiver only?
    Doesn't matter one bit.

The only registrable part is the lower receiver and it is totally irrelevant as to how the thing is registered. IF your rifle is registered conventionally and there is a ban you are under zero obligation to hand in any parts except the lower receiver.

I plan to do it, because the word of the law and the enforcement of the law are 2 different things.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Check the slot in the ram that the shellholder slides into for burrs.
    My C-H press had one that made it tough to get a shellholder in and kicked the cases to the right just a tad.
    A couple minutes with an emory board took care of it.
    There are certain shell holders that plain don't fit the thing, so you might have something there... I've not even touched any of that stuff in the past month. With the end of gloveless shooting season my enthusiasm has evaporated
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Doesn't matter one bit.

The only registrable part is the lower receiver and it is totally irrelevant as to how the thing is registered. IF your rifle is registered conventionally and there is a ban you are under zero obligation to hand in any parts except the lower receiver.
    I read somewhere (but can't find it to save my life now) that a buy-back would be based on how it was registered; if it were reg'd as a full rifle, that's what you'd be expected to turn in.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    I read somewhere (but can't find it to save my life now) that a buy-back would be based on how it was registered; if it were reg'd as a full rifle, that's what you'd be expected to turn in.
    I don't give a FLYING FCUK what they "expect" me to turn in. The only part that will get turned in the the receiver because under the law, that is the only part that is registrable.

None of mine were ever bought as completed, though I did update the registration to reflect them being assembled.

I've stripped one, intending to gift it to a new rpal'er once they got their license, but that hasn't happened. I need to update the chit for that one.

Last edited by jackrabbit000; 10-22-2019 at 05:47 PM.

You have 30 days to report changes. If they let you know they are coming to pickup, of course you are in the 30 day period? Stripped receivers, poured each into a 1 cubic meter concrete block. Bring a crane truck.

But don’t forget to trigger lock your battleship anchor..

On a related but random note, every time I hear Wexit I think:

60FAD585-248C-415E-A581-58A7AB8FF197.jpeg

Now you all will too :P

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Hidyn (10-23-2019)