Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Guns are like potato chips - ya can't just have 1...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; For you are crunchy. And good with Mustard!

"A new broom sweeps clean, but only a battle-trowel can hide the bodies" - Foxer describing Blacksmithden

CCFR, CSSA & NRA Member...
    Frontenac Rifle & Pistol Club

Where would you shoot for self defense when a person threatens you with a knife? I asked this question to my friend and he said, "right in the forehead!".

3. The Following User Liked This Post By gunnerjacky

lone-wolf (08-29-2016)

I just spent a few hours fitting a power custom colt style hammer and trigger to my modern Ruger flat top 357

Never ever had a single action apart. It took a very methodical bit of troubleshooting to figure out why the parts were not working together, but in the end the degree of file work required for fitting was minimal, if you don't count the grunt work on modifying the transfer bar.

So now I have a Blackhawk with a 3 click action and half cock loading.

It feels awesome

No idea if the 9mm cylinder will lock up. The timing is very tight on the 357 now. But I don't care - I'm never shooting 9mm from it

I'll post pics and a write up if anyone is truly interested.

But in closing I'll say that, knowing what I now know, I'd do it again, and in less time, but it's not a job for the meek and ignorant. Bold and ignorant works, though, if tempered by a mechanically logical mind.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Also have new palm swell VZ grips on the CZ and BHP to try out. They also feel awesome
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

...and butler creek slings suck

I bought a military style one, spent a few days oiling it and working it to soften it up and condition it, only to have it delaminate.

This "leather" sling is 2 pieces of glue-bonded material.

Useless. I'm going to write them and bitch...

And my Browning rebate, which I had written off, arrived today

When there is a target presentation called Outhouse Mouse, you know it's going to be a fun day.

70/100 at charity sporting clays event yesterday. High score was an 89, so I'm pretty happy.

Shot most of it with the 590a1. Style points - 0 Giggle factor - off the charts

8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

Coke (09-11-2016), kennymo (09-11-2016), R&R Rancher (09-11-2016), Rory McCanuck (09-11-2016), triq (09-12-2016)

It's probably best to clean out your AR after sessions with rimfire adapters.

Mine shot well enough a few weeks ago. Took it out yesterday to the indoor range - 25m Max - to shoot some can onna string and pretty soon I couldn't hit the thing.

At 20m 25 rounds on a legal size target looked like a shotgun hit it.

But it was the only gun I had brought so I kept shooting.

Pretty soon I couldn't keep it on paper at 10m. It was hitting a full foot to the right, and presumable left, and up and down.

I had a look in the barrel and the first few inches are caked in lead.

So the bullet is getting swaged down and rattles down the tube. Even the report sounded blunted, presumably because they were ending up subsonic.

I wonder how much of the leading is due to these rimfire adapters wer the bullet launches and has a few inches to accelerate down a smooth tube before it crashes into the rifling, stripping lead off.

Think I want to get a dedicated rimfire barrel for this thing. I don't shoot .223 in it anymore.

This GSG stg-44 is bloody heavy for a .22

Makes me think

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

infidel29 (02-03-2017), Kobs (12-09-2016), R&R Rancher (12-05-2016), Rory McCanuck (12-05-2016), Strewth (12-06-2016)

To have fun is more important than to protect life - what the hell?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

I'm going to have to buy something in .40, .45, .300 Win Mag and 7 mm Mag. Either that or give away all the once fired range brass I keep hoarding for no reason.
    "Chances are your relatives would not have picked you either"

...from the Graz family crest.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast