Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    i see i need some more ammo....25 auto,9mm,357mag,303brit,308,3030,3006 7.62x39,762x54r,455webley38 s&w, oh crap i need everything

It would be a grim and joyless existence if I had to live a life where my guns were not instruments of entertainment.

The GSG was amazing. Accurate enough, and reliable. Mags need a bit of care to load.

And the trigger/hammer updates to the cx4 resulted in ragged hole groups at 25m with a few called fliers. Big improvement on the stock parts. The plastic trigger group is the one real flaw of the cx4.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

why am i holding off on buying a s&w 500 or a .50 bmg styre
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man, I need to buy a handgun.

Is my AR15 barrel too long?

Why am I drawn towards every hero gun I see in movies? Am I that impressionable?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    why am i holding off on buying a s&w 500 or a .50 bmg styre
    Maybe you keep going back and forth between getting into reloading just for it or spending more or ammo for it than you do on gas for your truck.

Apparently this is great music to decap 223 brass to.

The last of 1200 and some are done, now for wet tumbling and then primer pocket swaging.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

Booletsnotreactwell (01-31-2017), kennymo (12-07-2016)

Fed up with the poor reliability and dodgy accuracy of my CMMG chamber adapter for AR-15 I decided to build a dedicated rimfire upper instead, out of my otherwise unused .223

I ordered a CMMG barrel and collar. The collar replaces the chamber insert on the CMMG conversion kit, and it slips over the extended chamber area of the barrel.

First range trip out tonight and I fired close on 300 rounds.

The previous setup would jam once or twice per mag. Failures to extract and failures to feed.

I had exactly 1 failure to feed on the first mag and it was flawless after that. Accuracy at best for a ten shot string was maybe 2 inch at 25m, but that's partly me and partly the eotech. I think it may have enough potential to put a basic 4x scope on.

And it did not experience any noticeable degradation in accuracy, so is likely not leading like the previous barrel did.

American Eagle it seemed to like best. That's becoming a go to brand for me; seems to work decently in many guns.

So...pretty cool

I also fired the fancy Luger air pistol that I got from Canada ammo. Accuracy wasn't anything impressive, and in 2 mags (40 rounds) the CO2 was empty, but that toggle action sure was neat. Bit of a pricy novelty. I don't know if I'll get the C96 one. Can't really shoot them at the range inside either since the BBs have a bad habit of bouncing back to the line.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

How the hell does trademarks and licensing work in the gun industry? Many companies make guns chambered in calibers with their competitors names in it. (A Remington rifle chambered in .308 Winchester for example.) Everyone and their dog makes an AR-15. Is it a total free for all or is there a lot of royalty money changing hands?
    Respect the gun, but do not fear it.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By SpenceyHR

Lazagna (01-30-2017)

Dunno, but back in the olden times some companies would rename the identical cartridge, or obfuscate it a bit simply not to have the competitors name on their barrel.

I know that there are proprietary cartridges out there. I think the Lazzeroni ones are one such example. Also, isn't the .300 blackout a ever so slightly modified version of the proprietary 300Whisper? Something like that.

I don't know how actual licensing and royalties might work. There's a story that some .44 Remington Magnum test casings found their way into Rugers hands, so he was right there with a gun for it when it came to commercial production, but you don't hear any legal side to the story.

I think I should buy stock in arms companies rather than buy stocks from arms companies....