Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586878889 LastLast
    Well....I met my first range Nazi in quite some time today. This fellow decided to take it into his own hands and berate most of the shooters on two of the ranges at my club. And then...he decides that he should ask me where my range membership card is. (You actually need it to access the gate. Without it, you're SOL.) I retrieved it from my vehicle and showed it to this prick and asked him just how the he11 I managed to get into the place.

In my 5 years being a member of this club, I've never had anyone treat me or the other shooters like that. I was professional and kept my bad feelings to myself. This jerk just wasn't worth my time.

Rant over, sorry.

buh? is the dude a member or just some dick who snuck in?
    Just 'cause you don't like me don't mean I ain't no good

Worst prick I even encountered on a range was making obscene comments about a shooter and eventually got him kicked off the line.

The crime? Guy was having a whole lot of fun safely shooting a tactical 870 at the informal skeet setup at the Game & Fish club.

I called him out. He did not care one bit that he was being an a$$hole.

Otherwise, my patience has paid off. I've been looking at a Savage MK-II BTVLSS for almost 2 years now, and have held off and held off because the price wasn't quite motivating on either the new or used lefty models I'd seen.

Picked one up from Londero on Monday for a very attractive base price, plus 10% off, and I've just found out that they day I ordered is the day Savage started a 10% rebate. So in the end it'll be less than the price of the used one that I was looking at.

I'll probably sell my B22. The mags simply suck, with the rotary being difficult to load and the Butler Creek being utter rubbish that won't feed well with more than 15 rounds in them.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I just learned that you can load certain Schmidt-Rubin (K31, 1911 and K11 at least) rifles with Swedish 6.5x55 stripper clips. It works surprisingly well (even for me!) and is a useful substitute if you can't find the Swiss style loaders.

On that note, my friend gave me some 308 stripper clips, is the m1a the only rifle I can use them on?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    On that note, my friend gave me some 308 stripper clips, is the m1a the only rifle I can use them on?
    send them over my way and i'll let you know if they work on the 305
    Just 'cause you don't like me don't mean I ain't no good

I had a guy try to lecture me about placing my semi auto on it’s right side so the ejection port could be visible and the chamber inspected....I said...no it’s okay it’s a P5. To which instead of looking carefully he very aggressively berated me and then reached for my gun.

It didn’t end well for him
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Strangeday

Mark-II (04-15-2019)

Dang, missed out on a $350 shipped 3 screw single six, not quick enough

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty — and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post

I *think* they work on my 7.62 mauser conversions. I don't shoot those enough to remember...

Otherwise I usually just use them to conveniently separate batches of 5 cartridges during load development. Same with the 5.56 ones.

Takes up far less space than plastic boxes
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I have to try one out on my spanish mauser, would be dandy if they work.