Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1019
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Hmm, does your '96 have scope mounts?
    No, it’s one of the target ones Tradeex had, with the soderin(?) diopter. Full stock, not a CG63

I like old Mausers, but I’m coming into something of a crisis of conscience that I have more stuff than I can hope to use.

If it was a straight infantry rifle I’d keep it for the history, but that history ended when it became someone’s gun club rifle

I’ve not forgotten about those x39 bullets either. I’ll have to bump into you at some point, or at least bring a baggy to the carman gun show. I might not go to the one next Sunday if it’s nice with light winds
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Rory McCanuck (09-09-2019)

Went into town to pick up my new glasses, then went and stopped in at the local gun pusher's.
    Came across something I've never seen before, a Stevens 520 12 ga pump.
    What a thing of beauty, looks like a Browning humpback, made from 1916-39 or something like that.
    The machining in this thing, just artwork!
    Too bad I spent all my money buying glasses.
    Now I'm digging in the couch looking for loonies and toonies.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Mark-II (09-10-2019)

Had a nice old rifle I hadn't run across before come in for cleaning. A 1920 Savage chambered for the 250-3000 round. Very light rifle, would have carried nicely. Not to many of these out there if my info is correct, some call it a baby Springfield. This one was dirty but cleaned up pretty good, chamber is rough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Went into town to pick up my new glasses, then went and stopped in at the local gun pusher's.
    Came across something I've never seen before, a Stevens 520 12 ga pump.
    What a thing of beauty, looks like a Browning humpback, made from 1916-39 or something like that.
    The machining in this thing, just artwork!
    Too bad I spent all my money buying glasses.
    Now I'm digging in the couch looking for loonies and toonies.
    I have a later model from after they took off the hump. It has killed many birds. The humpback one is very attractive.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Rory McCanuck (09-10-2019)

I think I've only seen one 520 in the wild so far and it was pretty tired. One of those guns I don't know enough about to know whether I should try one.

If I could find a nice unmolested Remington 31, though... I'd not say no to the ancestor of the Mossberg 500
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

My friend has a 520 with a flaming bomb inspection mark on it, I spent a while trying to make that old thing function but it's only so-so last I seen it.
    Parts? Just couldn't find any.
    On that one, you can unscrew the mag tube and the gun will take down in two pieces, the receiver+stock and the mag tube+barrel - very cool design.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Apparently newer Norc M305s are using MIM bolts? Haha seriously? Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Sheared off lugs, yeah no sh1t sherlock

I was looking at a guys x39 one a few weeks back and I could not tell if there were MIM marks or not.

I've not heard if any of those have failed, but I am disappointed that the importer hasn't been taken to task for selling such a thing, as they are still being sold.

Marstar got run out of town on the rails over the T2 thing, and to my knowledge none of THOSE bombs failed before the SHTF.

M305 importers get a pass, because.......

And, of course, no "Hey I just bought my first M305, what should I upgrade?" post goes 5 replies without someone saying "USGI bolt"

My youngest son is in Cadets, and tonight they were canvassing at local store fronts to raise money as they often do- I went to check on him and see when I should pick him up. When I was talking with him he relayed the story of an individual with a " man bun " as he described it, calling him a facist when going into the store- When he told me this , I almost blacked out thinking how I would shove this piece 'o' work's "man bun" up his azz and out his mangina. My son I guess sensed my "frustration" and said it was OK- it did not bother him,- I then asked him how he handled it, and he told me that he said, "Thanks- Have a nice day." I must say, I am very proud of my boy- he is already handling things better than me...
    Anyway, I was thinking, I bet this goof who bullies 14 year olds is no doubt a gun confiscating SJW, ready to trample the rights of anyone because he knows exactly what is best for everyone- Well screw that, I say.
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

13. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

Aniest (09-15-2019), Hidyn (09-14-2019), kennymo (09-13-2019), lone-wolf (09-13-2019), Mark-II (09-13-2019), Rory McCanuck (09-13-2019)

Manbun should be ashamed. Pathetic bully.

...ah... I just put a colminator on the Savage and wth but the grid is way up in the air. I fiddle with the doohicky a bit then for the first time look at my scope mount and it's a ramp.

Brownells must have sent a 20MOA one instead of the flat one I ordered, else it was mislabeled. Scope doesn't have anywhere near the adjustment to get even close to zero.

It's probably going to be stuck at least a foot high at a hundred, if not more... Hopefully it's not the 30MOA one