Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    “Rights” is the word that Canadians are taught to use for their Privileges.

The cake is a lie
    Actually, Canadians have been taught to believe that their rights are only “privileges.”

That is a filthy lie.

I recall a discussion with a member of the RCMP during the eighth decade of the past century.

He had some difficulty with the idea that a permit to carry to protect life should be contingent on knowledge and proficiency.

His concern was that your grandmother might be denied her right to carry because the test might be too difficult.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Actually, Canadians have been taught to believe that their rights are only “privileges.”
    England has no rights, only privileges. There is no constitution, no supreme law of the land. Thus in the land where the right to bear arms was born, Parliament is supreme, and is not bound by previous parliaments. The 1689 Bill of Rights is just a Bill, so Parliament can and has thrown it away. They have things that by tradition are called rights, but aren't really. If Parliament passes a law, the top court of the land has no ability to reject it.

The USA has a constitution, with several enumerated rights. The supreme court frequently trumps Laws/regulations passed by Congress and the President with the constitution, making Laws/regulations invalid and of no force. These are rights.

Canada has a weasily charter. Any part of it can be overridden by 'notwithstanding'. But until they are, the enumerated rights of our charter are entrenched constitutional rights.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

lone-wolf (08-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    England has no rights, only privileges. There is no constitution, no supreme law of the land. Thus in the land where the right to bear arms was born, Parliament is supreme, and is not bound by previous parliaments. The 1689 Bill of Rights is just a Bill, so Parliament can and has thrown it away. They have things that by tradition are called rights, but aren't really. If Parliament passes a law, the top court of the land has no ability to reject it.

The USA has a constitution, with several enumerated rights. The supreme court frequently trumps Laws/regulations passed by Congress and the President with the constitution, making Laws/regulations invalid and of no force. These are rights.

Canada has a weasily charter. Any part of it can be overridden by 'notwithstanding'. But until they are, the enumerated rights of our charter are entrenched constitutional rights.
    All men have rights, notwithstanding whether their governments choose to recognize and protect those rights.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Aniest (08-22-2019), lone-wolf (08-22-2019), RangeBob (08-22-2019)

If a government can choose whether or not to recognize or protect Rights, or not, then they are not Rights

Save in a philosophical sense.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    If a government can choose whether or not to recognize or protect Rights, or not, then they are not Rights

If a government can choose whether or not to recognize or protect our border, therefore it is not our border.

Neither has any bearing on the reality that we must push government to recognize and protect both.

Glock exports their guns to Canada but I can't buy a Glock part from Brownell's. Go figure.

BCL is supposed to ship my rifle tomorrow. It only took them a month to drill a gas port and wrench it on, 3 months after returning it to them (for the second time).

2 years after having bought it I just might have a working rifle.

I am so over that bloody thing...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Got you beat. I have a BNIB S&W Model 41 sent back to the factory because of a defect. It took almost 3 years before they replaced it with another one.

Finally got my eyes checked, first time in about 10 years.
    Yikes! No wonder I've been getting such headaches.
    Ordered a set of glasses, $444. Fitting.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

kennymo (08-29-2019), Mark-II (08-30-2019)

I’m way overdue too. Starting to notice a brand new set of contacts isn’t quite cutting it at a distance. And my glasses are more scratch than lens.... Hoping mine come in under $303 though....new health plan is better in all things but optics.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Rory McCanuck (08-30-2019)