Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    We are pretty close to the same page, when my m25 shows up I plan on putting the sn3 3.8-17x44 T-pal parallax, in milrad. I don't know if this helps you. I also will be using this for hunting and I figured 3.2 is good for the close shots and 17 is plenty for 1000+, I kinda wish I would of got two M25's instead of 1 and m14SA Cause that 1.8-10 looks like a good fit for a shorty. Oh well every one needs an m14 with irons, plus now I got an excuse for another
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Buckingfastard what do you think of this model US Optics SN-3 1.8-10x T? It's a bit more compact and from what I've read up on it I'm thinking it would be good for hunting with my M25 build.

Otokiak
    Rankin Inlet, NU
    CANADA
    "Life is grande, even at the worst of times!"
    "Oooh tha lord ... said when I met my avatar's snoobies!"

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    Good choice, like I said if I would of been smart I'd ordered 2 m25 recievers but I did my regular profile 18.5 on a m14sa and the m25 is on a medium profile 22". I'm going to go with the 3.8-17 on this m25 and I'll probably order another m25 and do a shorty build with the 1.8-10 on it. Their both great scopes the 1.8-10 will easily allow 0-500m shots and the longest shot I've ever had to pull off was 400m and change, and I did it with a fixed 4 power. I like them both and I think you'd be happy with either one but if you plan on shooting out to 1000 the 3.7-17 would be my choice.
    Last edited by BuckingFastard; 08-13-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Decisions decisions ... hell just put up a leupold for sale to help fund a US optics purchase. I've almost got all the parts now for my NM M25 build. I'm wondering if low or medium ARMS 22(?) quick detach rings would be used for this ... as I hate the US Optics mounts.

Otokiak
    Rankin Inlet, NU
    CANADA

I've also been seriously considering an US Optics as my next puchase.

Their SN-4 1.5-6x DFP is what I'm comtemplating. They are also coming out with an 1-8x scope, however who knows when they will be coming in. They aren't cheap, but in the same price range as S&B and Premier; actually a S&B PMII 1.1-4x20 Short Dot with CQB reticle is more expensive @ $2,300 than the compareble US Optics SN-4 1.5-6x @ $1,700.

Otokiak - Re their website. It loads fast here on my computer. Are you running a Pc or a Mac? Standard Explorer or Chrome? It's a heavy page to load, but shouldn't be super slow..which may not be a bad thing as it could get expensive if you decide to get more than one!!

Hey Ben, how goes it? I forgot about this thread. I live in the middle of the arctic tundra and internet here is beyond slow and won't load certain pages ... I'm still tryna come up with funds for a US optics scope and still haven't decided on the sn3 3.8-17x44 or SN-3 1.8-10x T???

Otokiak
    Rankin Inlet, NU
    CANADA

Hi Otokiak

I thought about it after posting that, but then said that this guy has a bunch of cool toys – he must have a satellite internet connection! Wonder how much the monthly bill on that would be!

I would think that you will be highly satisfied once you do get it. I’ve read only great things about them and seeing (no pun intented) as they are priced just the same as the other big names (S&B, Premiers and NF – though NF is a bit less expensive) I am willing to give them a shot.

Ideally I’d like to look at one in person 1st before making the purchase. Darren @OSTS has a few of them in stock and more coming in, so if I am in his neck of the woods close to the time I’m about to buy one, I’ll definitely drop by his shop 1st.

Cheers
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12