Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ^^^^ True and the feeder arm would just break in half if one of them blew
    I'll do what I have to do and deal with the consequences of my actions later

I had Federal primers blow my primer tray into pieces. One good thing I had glasses on but I have cut CCI primers in half almost and they didn’t go off. I have since upgraded to the Load Master but I still prefer CCI primers.

Buy what ever you like and tweak it. Then after a frustrating 4 years go buy a Dillon. Best hour on my Dillon XL650 was 1300 45 acp 200 gr SWC. Couldn't move my arm the next day but I had to prove I could!!
    ps: I have owned both. Still have 3 Lee presses in the reloading shop. Couldn't live without my 4 hole classic turret.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By tigrr

Camo tung (01-12-2022), lone-wolf (01-21-2018), Rory McCanuck (01-21-2018)

I have used the pro 1000 and had no real problems but, when I changed calbers it was a pain in the butt to tweek it back into working order ( a 1991 model). That been said I have in my old age stopped pistol shooting and stepped down to 3 rifles so I only use a single stage now.
    A person I know who is member of the local handgun club and is shooting a lot uses the hornady ap with lee dies and the powder checker die. It is a real nice setup and it is smooth. A lot more expensive than a pro1000 or load master but, far nicer to use.
    PS the person who I sold the pro1000 to has it set up for 9mil only it is still going and he is happy with it

I just have complete tool heads and shell holder (brain fart) assemblies for mine. Caliber exchange amounts to a few minutes work with an allen wrench, renew some grease, confirm the timing, and that's it.

I've long taken to gumming up the nylon gears in the timing system with axle grease. It doesn't drift out of time that way.

I've still not set up my 650XL... Still working on getting a base to mount it on, and space to put it

It'll be years, if ever, that the big blue replaces the pro1000. I'm simply too heavily invested in tooling, would spend thousands more on tooling for the 650 for the same jobs, and the Lee Just Works for what I need it to do, which is pistol ammo.

the 650 is for rifle, and then probably just .223, .300AAC, .308
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I’ve got about 10k through my loadmaster. With pistol rounds, I can crank thrm out faster than on a dillon and they all shoot just as well. Every so often, a primer doesn’t go into the case nicely (happens on any press). I find that the CCI are less likely to go bang when this happens.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Smc

oddjob70 (02-20-2018), TRshooter (01-23-2018)

I pulled out my Lee Pro 1000 over the past few weeks and cranked out 600 rounds of .45 ACP using components I've had sitting around for about 5-6 years (when I last posted in this tread).

It feels really nostalgic.

There's a special cadence to how you raise and lower the ram to make it function well.

One other tip is to select a powder with a low charge volume with more course granules.

I remember loading with one powder (may have been bullseye or Accurate 2) which had very fine granules. I had lots of powder leak with whatever charge it was. I'm loading 4.9-5.1 gn's of Win 231 with the 0.46CC auto disk slot.

Also, with a powder with a higher volume charge, there was the tendency of small amounts of powder to spill out when the case holder rotated between the charge and bullet seating station.

Win231 seems to run very well in this regard.

I personally have found the need to use the Lee Carbide Crimp die, having some bulging issues.

For this I keep my Lee Auto-Indexing Turret press mounted on a press stand beside my Pro 1000, and have the Carbide Crimp die installed.

I load about 100 rounds on the Pro 1000, then run them through the carbide crimp die, then put them in 25 sround boxes.

It feels nice to sit for 20 minutes and pump out 50 rounds.

May not be the fastest, but it doesn't need to be.

It feels very relaxing to just get behind the press.

I sometimes day dream about taking my future grandchildren to the range and telling them stories about the dates when I loaded the ammo:

"Did you know I loaded this box of .45 ACP when everyone in the world was going bat sh*t crazy because of the COVID PSYOP?

I made sure I kept your Mom and aunties as insulated from the craziness as possible.

It was really stressful, and one of the things I did to cope was load this ammo and think about the day I'd be able to shoot it with you.

I'm so happy to be shooting this with you now.

Let's make sure to save the boxes and brass, reload some more, you can date the box, and maybe in a few decades, you can shoot it with your grandkids!

Oh and let's add a post to the GOC thread where I talked about it..."
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 01-11-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

This post inspired me to make a short livestream showcasing my setup

Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 01-11-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123