Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yea, the baikal seems like a nicer made gun. When you can find them.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Have been waiting in vain for a Savage 24 in 22 over 20Ga to appear and so far no luck. Saw a few at the shows but they were priced way past the condition. Noticed that Chiappa has a Double Badger out there now in 20 Ga. Looks pretty good in the pics...folds up for backpacking...kinda funky semi lever to break it...two triggers...Priced around the beat up 24s...Anyone have or tried one in either 20 or 410? If you try to sell me yours I will think they are no good...HaHa...we are all here for humble opinions and good advice based on our experience...Pass along what you know about these please...or maybe you know of something else that would serve the purpose...Thanks...TomC
    I have one. It's a quality piece. I've used the .410 for grouse up around Wawa. The choke is full. The .22 is accurate for shorter ranges. Up to 50 yards it's just fine.

Bought it at Gobles in London Ont.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    I have one in .22Mag and .410. I bought it for my daughter to use. Both barrels shoot to point of aim for her at about 25m. The break was a bit stiff for her, so I loosened it off and now it's okay.
    I wanted the mag., but couldn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    I have one. It's a quality piece. I've used the .410 for grouse up around Wawa. The choke is full. The .22 is accurate for shorter ranges. Up to 50 yards it's just fine.

Bought it at Gobles in London Ont.
    I finally tried my daughter's out on grouse this weekend. Holy poop! It kills grouse dead!

The first couple I shot at made me remember I wasn't using my 12 gauge. So, I had to make head shots through openings in the brush. The .410 barrel proved to be minute of grouse head. I was even able to take a few birds after I realized that the rear sight had fallen out of it's dovetail; the fibre optic front sight proved adequate as a shotgun bead. Fortunately, the sight turned up on the floor at my friend's camp, and I made sure it was good and tight when I screwed it back in place. Aside from the rear sight coming loose, I'd have to say that it impressed me.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckbuster

Waterloomike (11-13-2017)

I finally tried my daughter's out on grouse this weekend. Holy poop! It kills grouse dead!

The first couple I shot at made me remember I wasn't using my 12 gauge. So, I had to make head shots through openings in the brush. The .410 barrel proved to be minute of grouse head. I was even able to take a few birds after I realized that the rear sight had fallen out of it's dovetail; the fibre optic front sight proved adequate as a shotgun bead. Fortunately, the sight turned up on the floor at my friend's camp, and I made sure it was good and tight when I screwed it back in place. Aside from the rear sight coming loose, I'd have to say that it impressed me.
    I'm glad you liked it. I sure like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    I'm glad you liked it. I sure like mine.
    Oh yes, I like it. I did buy it for my daughter, she only carried it a few times and never shot at game, but I think I'm going to be using it quite a bit more now, myself.

I see you got yours at Gobles; there's a place I haven't been in since the late 80s!

I ordered mine from Wolverine a couple of years ago. Oddly enough, I wanted the .22LR version, but they had a sale at the time and the .22Mag version was significantly less expensive than the LR; I think it was about a $100 difference. So, being a cheap bastard, I got the .22Mag version. I even bought the .410 ammo on sale at the LGS.

Oh yes, I like it. I did buy it for my daughter, she only carried it a few times and never shot at game, but I think I'm going to be using it quite a bit more now, myself.

I see you got yours at Gobles; there's a place I haven't been in since the late 80s!

I ordered mine from Wolverine a couple of years ago. Oddly enough, I wanted the .22LR version, but they had a sale at the time and the .22Mag version was significantly less expensive than the LR; I think it was about a $100 difference. So, being a cheap bastard, I got the .22Mag version. I even bought the .410 ammo on sale at the LGS.
    I would have preferred the mag, but it wasn't available.

Seems to me that 22 mag is a good choice for this sort of gun. Single shot, make it count.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

I'll never buy anything from Chiappa after their fiasco with the $1500+ 44 Mag levers they sold that were terribly pitted and had to be returned.

I don't care if it was only 10 guns that made it through and they were immediately returned, to me that's such a huge fail that I can't ever trust them.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I'll never buy anything from Chiappa after their fiasco with the $1500+ 44 Mag levers they sold that were terribly pitted and had to be returned.

I don't care if it was only 10 guns that made it through and they were immediately returned, to me that's such a huge fail that I can't ever trust them.
    I'm not sure I'm familiar with this. What was it all about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast