Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chiappa Double Badger

Have been waiting in vain for a Savage 24 in 22 over 20Ga to appear and so far no luck. Saw a few at the shows but they were priced way past the condition. Noticed that Chiappa has a Double Badger out there now in 20 Ga. Looks pretty good in the pics...folds up for backpacking...kinda funky semi lever to break it...two triggers...Priced around the beat up 24s...Anyone have or tried one in either 20 or 410? If you try to sell me yours I will think they are no good...HaHa...we are all here for humble opinions and good advice based on our experience...Pass along what you know about these please...or maybe you know of something else that would serve the purpose...Thanks...TomC

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Have been waiting in vain for a Savage 24 in 22 over 20Ga to appear and so far no luck. Saw a few at the shows but they were priced way past the condition. Noticed that Chiappa has a Double Badger out there now in 20 Ga. Looks pretty good in the pics...folds up for backpacking...kinda funky semi lever to break it...two triggers...Priced around the beat up 24s...Anyone have or tried one in either 20 or 410? If you try to sell me yours I will think they are no good...HaHa...we are all here for humble opinions and good advice based on our experience...Pass along what you know about these please...or maybe you know of something else that would serve the purpose...Thanks...TomC
    Who's got them in stock ? Link ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Wolverine appears to have one in wood:

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...Rifle-20G-22LR

There's also that metal stocked one with the foam insert we were yacking about a month or so back. Looks a little like the old Springfield survival rifle with a lever action in place of where the big paddle trigger for shooting with mitts on used to be. SFRC has them listed, but currently out of stock.

Might be worth a shot, people seem generally happy about the various Badger products with the exception of a few minor extractor issues on the stripped down survival looking .22.... The old 24's were certainly a handy thing. I don't really care for the modern plastic Savage take on it....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Likeaboss (10-19-2016)

I have a Savage in the 22 over 20 gauge but I got mine probably 35 years ago or more. I even forgot I had it and went and bought another 20 gauge and found tis one in the gun cabinet. Can't believe the prices they are worth now a days.

Thanks folks...I will count some pennies and maybe spring for the Chiappa at Wolverine...I have a 410 but really want the combo in 20...My other Pietta seems to be worthy and this has a whole lot less goin on as a break action...Gotta be fool proof mostly.. OK....Getting it...will post when I get to shoot it ...TomC

I have one in .22Mag and .410. I bought it for my daughter to use. Both barrels shoot to point of aim for her at about 25m. The break was a bit stiff for her, so I loosened it off and now it's okay.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

I think I'm going to pick one of these up before leaving alberta.
    I want a single shot .22 for trapping, and I want to be able to take any grouse I see while checking traps.
    And I just can't figure out anyway to do that without a .22/410 combo.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I think I'm going to pick one of these up before leaving alberta.
    I want a single shot .22 for trapping, and I want to be able to take any grouse I see while checking traps.
    And I just can't figure out anyway to do that without a .22/410 combo.
    Shoot the grouse in the head with the .22? Or is that not kosher in your neck of the woods? Here we're just not allowed to use centrefire rifle on them IIRC....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Not kosher
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I bought a 20ga/.22lr double badger in December. It FTF more than 3 out of 4 trigger pulls on both barrels. Sent it to the warranty provider and was immediately advised it was a faulty receiver and would be replaced. I was happy until the "two more weeks" manufacturer reply started. I have lost count of the failed promises. Still waiting Chiappa.

My advice, steer clear of this good idea but poorly executed gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast