CZ457 Canada or Varmint ?

Most of time practice accu shooting at range from 100 yard to 200, any old hand have an advise? as well as scope?

I'd go with the Varmint, longer, heavy barrel and I feel "vanity" issues of guns are more about marketing than substance, the Canadian has a threaded barrel but the chance of Canada going moderator friendly is very tiny, either way, buy gun, shoot always

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Stew

Aniest (01-25-2022), isle (01-25-2022)

I have CZ455 Varmint in .22 with a Redfield 6 to 18 scope on it.
    Its a good combo and very accurate with all the ammo I have tried in it.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By t_glover

Aniest (01-25-2022)

If it's a range toy, go Varmint. While a 22 doesn't heat up the barrel like a 308 would, you're better off with a bull barrel anyway.

Everything I've read about he Canadian is that it's a standard 457 with a poorly done, bleeding, fading finish on the stock.

If you don't plan on changing the stock in the future and you intend on it being a bench or prone shooter, spring for the MTR model. Otherwise, opt for the Varmint to save a bit of coin. And if you do decide to change the stock later, KRG is a good bet.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Aniest (01-25-2022)

Thanks, looks heavy barrel and a fit stock save money and a lots of upgrade work

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    If it's a range toy, go Varmint. While a 22 doesn't heat up the barrel like a 308 would, you're better off with a bull barrel anyway.

Everything I've read about he Canadian is that it's a standard 457 with a poorly done, bleeding, fading finish on the stock.

If you don't plan on changing the stock in the future and you intend on it being a bench or prone shooter, spring for the MTR model. Otherwise, opt for the Varmint to save a bit of coin. And if you do decide to change the stock later, KRG is a good bet.
    hanks, looks heavy barrel and a fit stock save money and a lots of upgrade work

Varmint at-one's stock looks much lovely,is this type worth to think about it?

Contrary to popular opinion (lore), on a .22 little advantage is gained with a heavy barrel. The barrel on the Canadian is not exactly a "pencil" barrel either. I owned a Trainer and a Canadian (.17 HMR); my .22 range toy is a Brno #2 with a lighter barrel. From a bench rest, they all go in one ragged hole, just like the trainer did; but the #2 is a lot easier to shoot free-hand because it is lighter than either of the other rifles.

Bottom line; buy what you want.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By MarkR

isle (01-26-2022)

I'd still go with the longer barrel for 200 meters, I like Boyd's stocks, I have a thumb-hole varmint on my Savage A22, I'll likely get an A T One or thumb-hole A T One for my MK II