Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red Deer Shooting Centre

M14.ca Blackfeather RS Stock....

I've been checking these out, trying to do some more reading on them. It looks as though the first run has already been shipped. Did anyone get one of these? OR has anyone seen one up close?

http://www.m14.ca/m14m1a-blackfeather-rs.html
    Red Deer Shooting Centre
    403-347-2232
    www.rdsc.ca
    info@rdsc.ca
    SHOP ONLINE!

I would hold off for know. As there are certain aspects of the design that look extremley questionable. I would wait tell they are out there for a bit to ensure that all the bug's are out before I would slap down that much coin. Although I do have to admit that does look verry pleasing to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post

I would hold off for know. As there are certain aspects of the design that look extremley questionable.
    I would wait tell they are out there for a bit to ensure that all the bug's are out before I would slap down that much coin.
    Do tell.

What aspects of the design look questionable?

What are these bugs that need to be worked out?

Numerous issue's mostly relating around barrel whip and there proprietary op-rod guide. Since it supposedly "free floats" the entire barrel from that point on. I know of a couple of company's that the "inventor" Larry approached with this design that could not get it to work properly. That and also my experience with that aluminum mount that they sold me make me hesitant to slap this amount of coin down for this system. Although I hope I am wrong and they are right cause I really like the looks of this stock and think it's a very classy design. But there is something about aluminum holding smashing steel in place the makes me be very cautious.

Everytime I seen another m14 thread, it makes me change my mind about how I want to do mine. I think it's going to spend some more time in the USGI shell before it comes out.

I'm going to take the green route and make a stock out of recycled beer cans. Saving the ozone layer one shot at a time! dunk dunk dunk ping!

forget the beer cans.......... use tin foil and aluminum tape man...... you will have the lightest aluminum stock there is hehehehe, barrel whip be damned
    The tracking number says I'll have a black feather here on my bench before friday
    someone bought it for me so i can test the living hell out of it and video tape as I go.
    not sure if i'll necessarily share my reviews as the company that makes this stock and other products seems to have an issue everytime i question the product. But there are some folks I build rifles for that want to know and if it costs them a stock to find out...... I don't mind being the guinea pig.....
    Last edited by I.C.R.; 08-15-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    I would hold off for know. As there are certain aspects of the design that look extremley questionable. I would wait tell they are out there for a bit to ensure that all the bug's are out before I would slap down that much coin. Although I do have to admit that does look verry pleasing to the eye.
    The Blackfeather "RS" stock I designed is the result of 2 years of product development, 640+ machine hours, 14 prototypes with over 95 changes to the design and at least 2 months in range trials. You've never held a Blackfeather "RS" Joey so I am curious how you're going to address this question to the open forum?

Quote Originally Posted by I.C.R. View Post
    forget the beer cans.......... use tin foil and aluminum tape man...... you will have the lightest aluminum stock there is hehehehe, barrel whip be damned
    The tracking number says I'll have a black feather here on my bench before friday
    someone bought it for me so i can test the living hell out of it and video tape as I go.
    not sure if i'll necessarily share my reviews as the company that makes this stock and other products seems to have an issue everytime i question the product. But there are some folks I build rifles for that want to know and if it costs them a stock to find out...... I don't mind being the guinea pig.....

Let us know how it goes, I love the look of the stock just wanna make sure my dick wont fall off from using it.

If you could post up a review and your thoughts it would be much appreciated.

I'm being paid by another entity to build the rifle and stock into a complete rig for what I'll call "duty use" . the findings will not be mine to share publicly I'm afraid. However, Frank has been notified and if such reviews are requested at the end of this job, they will be passed on for him to do with as he sees fit. we are also testing 3 other stock systems from various manufactures but a chassis was required for one of the builds and the blackfeather was easily aquireable at this time.

there are plenty of folks who will be able to do full reviews...... hopefully some will be along shortly to share thier experiences so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast