Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70
  1. #1
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vesper Sask
    Posts
    11,070

    . Maxime Bernier message to, gun owners

    . Maxime Bernier message to, gun owners

    Liberals hate guns.

    We know theyíre going to change the law.

    But we donít know how.

    They wonít tell us.

    So Iím forcing them to answer. Iím using a Parliamentary tool.

    I want to know, are they planning on making any firearms restricted, or prohibited?

    Is the RCMP making any changes to the Firearms Reference Table?

    These are important questions.

    Without changing any laws, the Liberals could steal our property and make people criminals overnight.

    Itís not fair, and it doesnít make Canada any safer.

    I donít believe that public safety means taking guns from law-abiding citizens.

    I donít believe that owning firearms makes you a criminal, or dangerous, or violent person.

    When Iím Prime Minister, firearms owners wonít have to worry anymore.

    Iíll respect Canadian traditions.

    Iíll respect hunters.

    Iíll respect target shooters, and collectors.

    Iíll respect you.



    Sincerely,
    Hon. Maxime Bernier
    Conservative Leadership Candidate
    CSSA

  2. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

    lone-wolf (10-25-2016)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Zinilin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,292
    Platitudes, no actual commitments.

    I don't need respect, I need a commitment to legislation.

  4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Zinilin

    glockfan (10-25-2016), tdod101 (10-25-2016)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Zinilin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,292
    Still waiting for a response to my email from Sept 20th.
    --
    Mr. Bernier;

    When will you be making a clear public statement indicating that a Bernier government will introducing legislation to implement the Simplified Firearms Classification system within the first two years of your government?

    When will you be clearly stating that your government will in its first mandate decriminalize the ownership, possession and transportation of firearm?

    Note: 'Will' does not mean 'might', 'could', 'should', 'try', 'examine', 'study' or 'propose'.

    Thank You
    (Zinilin)

  6. The Following User Liked This Post By Zinilin

    Smokechecker (10-27-2016)

  7. #4
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    38,507
    identical text, different recipient (CGNer mojo88), at Post #25
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...l=1#post419680

  8. #5
    Senior Member DanN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Shuswap
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    Platitudes, no actual commitments.

    I don't need respect, I need a commitment to legislation.
    I don't disagree there. But..

    PAL holders only represent about 5% of the population. A large part of the other 95% are totally against us. He has to be careful at this stage not to over commit and scare that portion away. I think he's trying to let us know he supports us without sounding like Ted Nugent.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

  9. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By DanN

    chrisc (10-25-2016), coastal (10-25-2016), Droopy78 (10-25-2016), kennymo (10-25-2016), Rory McCanuck (10-25-2016), Specter Arms (10-27-2016), TJSpeller (10-25-2016)

  10. #6
    Senior Member FALover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Posts
    9,258
    Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    I don't disagree there. But..

    PAL holders only represent about 5% of the population. A large part of the other 95% are totally against us. He has to be careful at this stage not to over commit and scare that portion away. I think he's trying to let us know he supports us without sounding like Ted Nugent.
    $5 is a small price to pay to get his attention. If every firearms owner in Canada sent the equivalent of a timmies run, his fundraising would total millions. That would get his attention and if the possibility of more was coming depending on his platform policies, he would seriously consider more positive changes, It will never happen as the firearms community is the most dysfunctional group out there.
    p.s. I sent the $5.00.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

    Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

  11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FALover

    Billythreefeathers (10-25-2016), DanN (10-25-2016)

  12. #7
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    38,507
    Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    PAL holders only represent about 5% of the population. .
    5.7%.
    That .7% make all the difference!

  13. #8
    Senior Member FALover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Posts
    9,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    Platitudes, no actual commitments.

    I don't need respect, I need a commitment to legislation.

    We all need some form of respect. If Mr.Bernier does not see any benefit to firearms legislation he will not sink his campaign with early promises. Cash is always a benefit to any politician.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

    Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

  14. #9
    Senior Member FALover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Posts
    9,258
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    5.7%.
    That .7% make all the difference!
    With close to two million licensed owners on the books, $5. each would net Bernier almost Ten Million Dollars! That would be a wake up call to both Cons and Libs alike.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

    Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

  15. #10
    Senior Member triq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    5.7%.
    That .7% make all the difference!
    Is that voters or population?

    Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jordan Peterson and Maxime Bernier?
    By Petamocto in forum Non Firearms Politics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-26-2018, 08:25 PM
  2. Maxime Bernier for Conservative Leadership
    By mojo88 in forum Pro Firearms Politicians
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 01:29 PM
  3. Maxime Bernier: Gun Owners 'Won't Have To Worry' When I'm PM
    By Billythreefeathers in forum Canadian Firearms News, Headlines and Polls
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 02:44 PM
  4. Maxime Bernier - maybe our friend?
    By TJSpeller in forum Action Headquarters
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •