Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Red Deer Shooting Centre RDSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Alberta
    Posts
    102

    BLACK FRIDAY 2016

    Everything Instock is 5% OFF... Cadex Defence 10% OFF

    IWI Tavors are on sale for $2499

    www.rdsc.ca

    Red Deer Shooting Centre
    403-347-2232
    info@rdsc.ca
    www.rdsc.ca
    SHOP ONLINE!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Petamocto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rusagonis/Waasis, NB
    Posts
    6,974
    Only $2498 more to go before I'll consider a Tavor!



    Jokes aside, thank you for taking part in Black Friday and putting some things on sale.
    I have no signature block.

  3. #3
    Red Deer Shooting Centre RDSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Alberta
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Only $2498 more to go before I'll consider a Tavor!



    Jokes aside, thank you for taking part in Black Friday and putting some things on sale.
    Hahaha that's a good one!
    Red Deer Shooting Centre
    403-347-2232
    info@rdsc.ca
    www.rdsc.ca
    SHOP ONLINE!

  4. #4
    Untouchable FlyingHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grande Prairie, AB
    Posts
    4,933
    I think of the AR as a F1 race car: super fun, super sexy, super fast....but you can only drive it on a race track and essentially go in circles.

    The Tavor is like the Toyota Land Cruiser: ugly, functional, rugged, dependable and you can take it wherever you feel like going.



    I'll take the Land Cruiser please.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Petamocto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rusagonis/Waasis, NB
    Posts
    6,974
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    ...I'll take the Land Cruiser please.
    Only in the bizarro world that we live in here in Canada where rules are arbitrarily made.

    You state the Tavor is rugged and dependable, which the AR obviously is as well, but I get your point about the NR/Rest reality we live in.

    My counter to that would be that you can flank that policy with an ATRS Modern Varmint that has all the sexiness of an AR and is still NR, but there is nothing you can flank with a Tavor to make it beautiful.
    I have no signature block.

  6. #6
    Untouchable FlyingHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grande Prairie, AB
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Only in the bizarro world that we live in here in Canada where rules are arbitrarily made.

    You state the Tavor is rugged and dependable, which the AR obviously is as well, but I get your point about the NR/Rest reality we live in.

    My counter to that would be that you can flank that policy with an ATRS Modern Varmint that has all the sexiness of an AR and is still NR, but there is nothing you can flank with a Tavor to make it beautiful.
    Unfortunately we have to live in that bizarro world. I don't have enough money to dump into guns which will only get shot once a year...IF I decide to get to the range. I haven't been to a range in 3 years. I avoid them, and shoot alone in the bush.

    All that aside...

    The Modern Varmint in a nice configuration that I'd want nearly runs $4500+, never mind optics. I'm a cheap date. I'll spend less and go out with the girl next door rather than spend a pile dating the prom queen. I also think a Landcruiser is prettier than a F1 car. I prefer function above all else.

    I'm also slightly biased. I'm roughly the size and shape of a fire hydrant. I find the ergonomics of the Tavor positively orgasmic.

    I love the AR...but the Tavor...mmm, sexy time. I also like it because it make haters squirm. LOL
    Last edited by FlyingHigh; 11-24-2016 at 09:51 PM.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Petamocto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rusagonis/Waasis, NB
    Posts
    6,974
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    ... I'm a cheap date.
    Then you're not exactly buying a Tavor, either.

    If you want a useful semi-auto as a cheap date you're in the range of an SKS to an M305 to a Mini 14.

    If you can afford a gun worth several thousand then you can afford a Modern Varmint as easily as a Tavor.
    I have no signature block.

  8. #8
    Untouchable FlyingHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grande Prairie, AB
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Then you're not exactly buying a Tavor, either.

    If you want a useful semi-auto as a cheap date you're in the range of an SKS to an M305 to a Mini 14.

    If you can afford a gun worth several thousand then you can afford a Modern Varmint as easily as a Tavor.
    Nope...still cheaper than that. LOL. Cheap enough I sold 2 guns to pay for a reloading set up for 1 gun...
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West of some, East of others - Canada
    Posts
    288
    Hummm


    5%??


    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

    John Stuart Mill

Similar Threads

  1. Black Friday SALE!!
    By SFRC in forum SFRC
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2017, 12:00 PM
  2. Black Friday deals!
    By DTC709 in forum General Firearms Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 02:58 PM
  3. Black Friday Sale 20% off
    By Fabsports in forum GOC Business Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •