email from Kellie Leitch

Firearms are a part of our traditions

Dear Gary,

Canada has a long-standing tradition of using firearms for hunting and for recreational purposes. My grandfather was a farmer in Manitoba. He hunted ducks and geese and was an active member of Ducks Unlimited. I grew up in Fort McMurray where hunting is a part of the fabric of life for many.

So I understand the importance of firearms to law-abiding Canadians right across this country. Very often, firearms are cherished possessions with a great deal of sentimental value, invoking memories of our parents and grandparents.

I supported the Harper government’s decision to scrap the long-gun registry and, as Prime Minister, I will never institute another. I believe the current regulations we have regarding firearms are adequate but I think we can improve the regulatory system in the following ways:

1. We should recognize that guns are personal property and should be treated as such by the government.

2. There is too much subjectivity in the classification system. It should be replaced with clear objective criteria to ensure certainty for gun owners.

3. Firearms classifications should not be the sole purview of the RCMP. Those decisions should be made by an organization made up of Canadian citizens including primarily those who use guns — farmers, sports shooters, and hunters — as well as law enforcement.

4. Gun licenses should be good for 10 years (from the current 5) to reduce the paperwork burden for law-abiding gun owners.

These are the policies that I will implement as Prime Minister.

But first I need your help.

With your contribution of $50, $250, $500 or an amount of your choice up to the maximum amount of $1,550, you can make the difference in helping me win the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada. Every dollar is valued and will be put to good use right away. All donations up to $400 are eligible for a tax credit of 75% of the amount of the donation. That means a $400 donation will only cost you $100 after your 2017 tax return. To make a donation please click here.

Thank you,

Kellie

PS: Please forward this e-mail to your friends and family
    Buy a Membership
    Make a Donation
    Volunteer

www.KellieWorks.ca

Copyright © Kellie Leitch Leadership Campaign, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to garcai@sasktel.net by:
    Kellie Leitch Leadership Campaign
    100 - 2 Toronto St., Suite 555
    Toronto, Ontario M5C2B5
    Unsubscribe from this List | Report Spam

A little late to the firearms game. But at least she's on our side I guess.

Just the policy from the causus meeting regurgited and as stated, late to the game. I like her dont get me wrong, but i think mad max is the one to vote for myself
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Haywire1

Mobusten (03-17-2017), Rory McCanuck (03-17-2017)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    We keep squeaking and we get noticed. It may be lip service but firearms owners are part of any victory the conservatives desire.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    A little late to the firearms game. But at least she's on our side I guess.
    Late?
    How is May 30th 2016 late?
    In this audio recording of a Kellie Leach public phone-in round table in May (Ontario/east) at 27:28 I ask a a simple question; will she commit to introducing enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms Classification system is the first two years of a Kellie Leach government.

Her answer is an unconditional Yes.

Just yes. No spin.

Here is the link: Kellie Leitch Town Hall - Ontario East - May 30, 2016 and start listening at 27:28

Simple question, simple answer.

She is not anti-gun, and she has said so publicly.
    Source Link: http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...l=1#post426860

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Zinilin

88 louie (03-17-2017)

Interpretation of simplified classified schema is key. What about once interpreted will you retroactivally apply to the frt?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By triq

88 louie (03-17-2017), Doug_M (03-17-2017)

4. Gun licenses should be good for 10 years (from the current 5) to reduce the paperwork burden for law-abiding gun owners.
    Why? Ooh, you're cutting our paperwork in half, it's like pennies from heaven
    If you have a license, you have a license.
    If you are suddenly prohibited from owning a firearm, your license is revoked.
    What possible problem is there with that model? (other than the whole needing a license to have a firearm thing)
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

I got a letter from Kellie Leitch today.

She writes

- It's time to decide
    - Last year more than 300,000 immigrants were admitted to Canada. Of those newcomers, approximately 270,000 were admitted without a face-to-face interview. And not one was asked whether or not they agree with our shared, historic Canadian values.
    - Legalizing possession & use of Pepper Spray for Self Defence. ... will take steps to strengthen the rights of women to protect themselves from those who would do them harm. One sensible way to do this is to legalize the possession and use of pepper spray and similar products for self-defence purposes.

When I got my PAL I had a telephone interview, not a face-to-face interview. How many immigrants get a telephone interview?

"Values" is a buzzword. There are arguments over what our shared Canadian values are. There are fewer arguments over what they are not.

My gal still wants a Taser.