Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    Kevin O'Leary seems to think the currency of his name from TV will eliminate the need to do traditional building of support from within party membership. The plan seems to be: jump in last minute and hot sear his way to the top of the race. There are parallels to Trump here: being the outsider, the one who calls it like he sees it, doesn't obey handlers, etc. I don't know if Canada has the same type of potential for getting the dormant voter activated by radical ideas.

At some point I expect O'Leary will realize gun control is a wedge issue and he can keep a number of anti-Liberal voters by playing some shallow statements in favor of gun owner rights. Trump did a similar thing in keeping the Christian right on his side while there is little sign he is a believer. How many will fall for it and keep with O'Leary after some pro-firearm statements is unknown.

My take on these types (business leader going straight to leadership without experience in politics) is they believe politics is just a bigger game of business which can be managed by the same tools: make deals, do strategic moves with competition, and use marketing to put out the message. They are narcissists, too shallow for the job of political office, and too inconsistent to be forging policies and then law.
    The fudds, the OFAHers (the majority of gun owners) wouldn't care if O'Leary banned every handgun and AR in the country.
    The economy will be fk'd and the nation debt will have gone through the roof and Canadians will have more faith in O'Leary than any of the others to fix turdos mess.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

PM, no. Put him in charge of immigration and finances.

If you listen to the whole clip, it's even worse than it seems, if that's possible. I never like to base my opinion on a headline, and it's always better to hear things in context.

Evan Solomon brings up the Florida mass shooting in a manner that lists guns as the forth topic for debate after ISIS, immigration, and attacks on gays/trans.

O'Leary's response is to make those gun comments FIRST. That's even worse than being on the subject already, because this way he's prioritizing the issue as what needs the most change.
    Don’t order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

I agree with Wolfer and I hope like hell your wrong.the guys a complete douche. He'd be forcing his views down our throats on more than just guns. Even on his show he comes off as a complete A-Hole. I don't think he could keep his arrogance in check to save his life.
    He said in a interview with Ezra he would rather be the guy behind the scene dealing with fiance, he should stick to that. He's all ready flip flopping and hasn't even entered yet.
    You seem to forget the bleeding hearts are watching their PM spend like a drunken sailor and don't care. People that don't want to work don't care because they just want the free stuff. Because their not paying for it. The government has no money. Their taking it from you and me. So if not wanting to vote for this wannabe dictator makes me a fudd then sign me up.
    If you wanna vote for him sleep well in knowing I'm canceling out your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    The fudds, the OFAHers (the majority of gun owners) wouldn't care if O'Leary banned every handgun and AR in the country.
    The economy will be fk'd and the nation debt will have gone through the roof and Canadians will have more faith in O'Leary than any of the others to fix turdos mess.

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    i won't even consider him . to this date, only blaney represent my global view on what i'm expecting from the cpc leader.
    Word association: Blaney = status quo
    Blaney is OK for gun owners ... as PM he'll probably leave us alone and that's all most of us really want.
    Blaney detractors: I hold the loss of the cfsc test challenge option in c42 against him and his recent lie about instituting the simplified classification system. That was BS.
    If Blaney gets in as PM he won't touch the c68 firearms act or do anything much for us or against us ... 5 more years or relative peace.
    He's the only one with a provable track record on guns among the leadership candidates ... a couple of bumps in that track but not bad.
    Only trouble is I can't see Blaney beating Trudeau.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Blaney reminds me too much of old Bob Stanfield.
    Great guy with integrity and a solid moral character but you could never get him elected as PM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Blaney reminds me too much of old Bob Stanfield.
    Great guy with integrity and a solid moral character but you could never get him elected as PM.
    again, the cpc need some anchors in culbec, and you can't win an election without culbec .blaney can deliver that to the cpc.

on top of that, his stance on gun control is less restrictives for the gun owners community, which is what we need ; if trump gets the usa back to some sort of economic strenght, i can see canadians turning their jacket in 2019 since canada will be on the edge of collapse with the idiot 2.0 who throws the tax money out the window like he does right now + he keeps himself '''busy''' only with social themes which retrieve nothing in the canada bank account........it's written in the sky the turd is surfing on lies which might bites him in the next generals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

8. The Following User Liked This Post By glockfan

Gunrunner (12-31-2016)

He might be able to win quebecistan
    but thats what restricts him from getting rid of alot more crap to do with the firearms act
    so its a catch 22 for us really but he is still the best we have I think
    and the Libs are gonna drag out the weed lie to get re-elected
    Blaney would need to change the closed minded CPC policy approach to weed or forget it as well

If we need someone that speaks french, we might consider Pierre Lemieux.
    Check out an interview on CJ Summers facebook page. Meeting the candidates.
    I can't copy it over, maybe someone else can.
    He answered the questions with Yes & No with a little more specifics about each topic.
    I'd give him my vote over Steven Blaney. Just because of his background & statements made.
    Check it out, no political babble speak. Unless something happens, I think at this moment, he is a contender for leader of the CPC.

I think Canada is going to have too many major economic problems over the next decade that will tear at the fabric of national unity for gun control to be on any one's radar.

O'Leary realizes this:

I think guns are going to be safe. I don't think Canadian national unity will be for economic reasons, and that's something O'Leary perceives much better than anyone else.

Ironically, the last big push for gun control coincided almost perfectly with the culturally motivated Quebecois Separatist referendum of 1995.

I wonder if the push for gun control in the 1990's was a actually a preemptive move by the Federal Government to have the tools necessary to crack down on a resurgence of an FLQ-style uprising in response to the growing Quebecois cultural alienation which in living memory was proven to be a flash in the pan of extreme violence.

O'Leary doesn't mention it, but it's only been through the transfer of the excessive capital from the Ontario Manufacturing and Alberta Oil Sands to Quebec through direct and indirect transfers that the cultural movement for separatism has been contained and killed off.

That said, killing off Quebec cultural separatism through forced economic dependence will most certainly create economic separatist sentiment in Alberta, since there is absolutely no way Ontario manufacturing can recover to pick up the slack. The damage done by the Ontario Liberals has been just too great. Until you see Ontario abandon it's green energy initiatives and start retooling their grid to use coal and natural gas, Ontario manufacturing will lose out to the Americans.

Heck, the most direct, reliable, and easy transport route from Southern Ontario to almost anywhere in Western Canada is through the American manufacturing states.

When those states start opening up industrial 3D printing plants, as the shale natgas in those regions will enable them to do, the nail is in the coffin for Ontario manufacturing - and in all probability, Canada as a united country.

If anything, the Enbridge Line 3 approval looks like a desperate play by Trudeau to cope with this reality. Minnesota doesn't have any active shale plays and no proven shale basins - everywhere else, Canadian (but primarily, Alberta) oil and gas is selling into markets saturated by American shale where it simply cannot compete.

Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 12-28-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast