Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altitude604 View Post
    I am in Texas right now. A 26 for $20... not bad.

It's not as horrible as I thought it would be. There's this mexican pineapple soda that mixes with it quite well.
    Newfoundland has Crush in Pineapple flavour as well. Makes a carbonated Southern Comfort and pineapple drink. Hawaiian buddy liked it more than the regular pineapple juice.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    BBQ pork chops, BBQ deer chops, BBQ taters (oiled, spiced and tossed on upper rack) and some greens. Only question now is whether or not there'll be leftovers....
    That bowl should go in the fridge easy. No need to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Newfoundland has Crush in Pineapple flavour as well. Makes a carbonated Southern Comfort and pineapple drink. Hawaiian buddy liked it more than the regular pineapple juice.
    There used to be a store here that would import specialty items from the East Coast. They would bring in a Crush Beveridge called Birch Beer, it was really good as well, haven't had it for a long time but I think it tasted a little like wintergreen flavor.

That Southern Comfort, Pineapple drink sounds good.

I'm on the rock again, Haida Gwaii. Cooking for my self again.
    Took a frozen 4 cheese pizza and added onions mushrooms tomatoes and cheese.
    I try to avoid the ones that claim to have meat on them.
    Terry

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By t_glover

firemachine69 (08-19-2018), Rory McCanuck (06-27-2018)

Redneck Casserole, I didn't have a casserole dish, so their pan suffice.
    Beans, cheddar cheese wieners/sausages(whatever they're called), tatters, and cheese on top.

casserole.jpg
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

7. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

firemachine69 (08-19-2018), kennymo (07-14-2018), Rory McCanuck (07-14-2018), SIR VEYOR (07-14-2018)

Pineapple crush has got to be the sugariest drink known to man.
    Please refer to me as Waynetheperson, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

RobertMcC
    Mini pizzas on garlic Naan bread.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

firemachine69 (08-19-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Redneck Casserole, I didn't have a casserole dish, so their pan suffice.
    Beans, cheddar cheese wieners/sausages(whatever they're called), tatters, and cheese on top.

casserole.jpg
    Swap the tater tots for shredded hash browns and you’ve got a Waffle House order right there. Good stuff

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By SIR VEYOR

firemachine69 (08-19-2018), lone-wolf (07-17-2018)

Lettuce is actually worse for you than Bacon

-featured on the weather network today-

Friday, December 18, 2015, 3:43 PM - It's too late for all those standoffs over eating your greens when you were growing up, but new research says bacon is, in fact, better for you than lettuce -- from a climate standpoint, at least.

A study from Carnegie Mellon University took a look at what it takes to produce different kinds of food, and found some kinds of vegetables use more resources and emit more greenhouse gases per calorie than certain kinds of meat.

"Eating lettuce is over three times worse in greenhouse gas emissions than eating bacon," Prof. Paul Fischbeck said in a release from the university. "Lots of common vegetables require more resources per calorie than you would think. Eggplant, celery and cucumbers look particularly bad when compared to pork or chicken."

The findings come from a study of the U.S. supply chain, with a view to explaining how obesity rates affect the environment, including water and energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.

On the one hand, the study found that consuming fewer calories and watching your weight does, in fact, have a positive impact, reducing food-based greenhouse gas emissions, water and energy use by 9 per cent.

But, favouring vegetables -- and other recommended "healthier" foods like fish and dairy -- had the opposite effect. The study found that greenhouse gas emissions went up 6 per cent, water use by 10 per cent and energy use by a substantial 38 per cent.

"What is good for us health-wise isn’t always what’s best for the environment," PhD candidate Michelle Tom said. "That’s important for public officials to know and for them to be cognizant of these tradeoffs as they develop or continue to develop dietary guidelines in the future."

Though lettuce is a bad offender, the study found other kinds of vegetables fared better. Cabbage, for example, produces a fifth the emissions of pork, and broccoli less than half.

As well, the study isn't a blanket endorsement of all meats. Fischbeck told the Telegraph that beef and lamb produce less emissions than pork or chicken, and beef's emissions are worse than lettuce's.

Globally, the Telegraph says the livestock sector produces 15 per cent of greenhouse gas emissions, which the newspaper says is about the same proportion as all transportation emissions.

SOURCES: Carnegie Mellon University | The Telegraph

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ne...an-bacon/74357

The last couple years I've been going out west, we had a Filipino fellow who loved to make us some tradition chicken soup - Tinolang Manok I think it's called from google search.
    I tell ya when it was -40 out, along with the rice it's supposed to be served with, it would warm you from your toenails to your crown.
    This was my attempt at it, all I used was ginger, garlic, chicken thigh, fish sauce and spinach. Didn't have any chicken broth and I don't think he used it out west either. He probably used onions but I'm not fond of them.
    Just not enough ginger unfortunately, but I still downed it all. I didn't measure anything, just eyeballed.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21...hicken-tinola/

Yea, doesn't look like much.

20180807_153936.jpg
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

15. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

firemachine69 (08-19-2018)

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast