Page 143 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1431
    Jack Reacher (2012)
    A homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims. The first suspect is a discharged military veteran, a trained sniper, ultimately found to not have done it. Later it's discovered that it wasn't a random shooting, but rather a targeted hit by a hired professional killer to acquire a construction firm, which was disguised as a random shooting to outwit the cops.

Streets of San Francisco, episode "Crossfire" (1974)
    Homicide investigators dig deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot at five random victims. The first suspect is a discharged military veteran, a trained sniper, ultimately found to not have done it. Later it's discovered that it wasn't a random shooting, but rather a targeted hit by a hired professional killer by the wife of a philandering husband, which was disguised as a random shooting to outwit the cops.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Camo tung (08-21-2020), Rory McCanuck (08-21-2020)

Split Second (1992)
    Staring Rutger Hauer
    The year is 2008 and something is terrorizing the streets of London, leaving numerous heartless corpses behind. Fortunately detective Harley Stone (Rutger Hauer) is on the case and discovers that the murderous monster behind the killings is just that.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B085KKM3YK
    5/10

The movie itself is cheaply and quickly thrown together, produced by a crew that normally shoots a commercial an afternoon, but there is a currently timely anecdote is about when it was released.
    The 1992 Los Angeles riots started April 29 1992, and the movie's release date was May 1 1992.
    The director flew in, intending to attend the gala, and from the plane could smell the smoke in the plane and see Los Angeles burning, hundreds of fires all over LA. Landed and the customs guys said "Don't leave the airport."
    The director just HAD TO GO TO THE GALA. No taxis. No buses. One enormous stretch white limo waiting for a fare. One guy standing in the hall. The limo driver said "Don't worry I know a back route." and off they went. Soldiers and National Guard on the street. The director sitting in the back thinking if you added a pair of chandeliers to the front it could be the limo from Escape From New York, and then as they drove between the burning buildings that changed to if rioters needed something to burn an immaculately clean white stretch limo would be just the thing. A white limo basically saying "Over here! Riot this way!"
    They got to the theatre and sat on the roof watching LA burn, drinking endless Mai Tai, saying "Why are you rioting during MY MOVIE" -- it's all about me.
    There was a 6pm curfew. So no public could go to the cinema. Anyone who could was glued to their television. Certainly didn't want to go to watch Split Second. But they asked the national guard what movie they'd like to see from Universal to be thanked for saving the city and they chose Split Second. They arrived on troop carriers. They weren't allowed to let go of their guns and a couple hundred national guard came in and sat down to watch the movie. They're all sitting watching the movie with the rifles leaning on their shoulders.
    As the movie progresses, it becomes apparent that the monster is huge and almost bulletproof. There's a scene where they're rearming moving through an armory saying "Grenade launcher. High capacity 9mm full automatic. SA80. To !*@($* small! We need bigger guns!" which that audience just thought was hilarious.

Last edited by RangeBob; 08-25-2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added trailer

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

kennymo (08-25-2020), Rory McCanuck (08-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    "Have you filled out the RCMP 5590 Form? For that firearm you're bringing into Canada! No? Well download one and fill it out!"
    -- Burt Gummer, "Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell (2018)"
    Burt Gummer is dead. He gave his life to save Napoleon Dynamite.
    The actor (Michael Gross) is fine.

2.5/5
    Tremors: Shrieker Island (2020)

If you made it through all the previous movies and the TV series, you'll be able to make it through this.
    If this is your first experience at Tremors, it's far to slow, not enough graboids or richly told characters, and not a particularly good movie.
    Bert surprisingly lightly armed throughout, until the end credit's montage to Bert's well armed life.

An Important Message From Burt Gummer | Burt For President Episode 1
    Oct 1 2020, 3 minutes
    Don't be a bummer. Vote for Gummer. Go Gummertarians !

http://y2u.be/svCA-Bw-wKQ

Burt Gummer says: Free Laser Missiles For All! | Burt For President Episode #2
    Oct 7 2020, 3 minutes

http://y2u.be/lSCaF3x9ovI

“Nothing Says Home like Concrete and Razor Wire” | Burt For President Episode #3
    Oct 13 2020, 3 minutes

http://y2u.be/pTRFL5Rawls

Burt Gummer says Wear Your Mask | Burt For President Episode #4
    Oct 17 2020, 3 minutes
    The only rational response is : antisocial distancing !
    from all enemies, foreign, domestic, and viral !

http://y2u.be/wcT8L8ktxbY

Burt Gummer Wants YOU to get a Composting Toilet | Burt for President Episode #5
    Oct 22 2020, 3 minutes

http://y2u.be/wF1lZJgxs7E

Burt Gummer's Squat Challenge | Burt For President Episode #6
    Oct 26 2020, 3 minutes

http://y2u.be/NeihPsKe4Ow

Been bingeing on Good Girls for some light entertainment after work;
    the premise of suburban housewives getting mixed up in organized crime has been done before (Weeds)
    but it's all about character development after a while
    Plus I will watch anything with Christina Hendricks - I find her fascinating

7. The Following User Liked This Post By LB303

Rory McCanuck (10-29-2020)

for tv shows, i just finished the 2020 us version of utopia was very good even better being we are in covid times at the moment. I also just finished watching the 2020 version of all creatures great and small it was only ok and finally woke, it was surprisingly good.

movies
    archive I will give it an 8/10

Borat 2 3/10 there was really only 4 parts that were funny, most of it was too over the top.

Bladesmith
    I liked this movie. It was an era when men were real men. While they embellished things the guys actually did exist and achieved amazing things

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Brad

lone-wolf (10-29-2020)

If you want to get a little education into the internet and how it modifies your thinking watch The Social Dilemma. Very interesting.
    I give it a 9.5 out of 10.
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By barkerlakebob

Big-Boss-Man (10-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
    If you want to get a little education into the internet and how it modifies your thinking watch The Social Dilemma. Very interesting.
    I give it a 9.5 out of 10.
    yeah pay attention when the designers of social media say they refuse to use it. I agree with a 9 or 9.5 it was well done.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

barkerlakebob (10-30-2020)

Archive - slow moving sci-fi but I'll give it a 9/10 for the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    Archive - slow moving sci-fi but I'll give it a 9/10 for the ending.
    the slow moving was the reason for 8 on my part too or it would've been a 10.