Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,446 of 1446
    Zack Snyder's Justice League
    4 hours

This is a 2021 director's cut of "Justice League (2017)".
    Writer, producer, director Snyder(s) had done the original work shooting the movie, but were unable to finish it when his daughter Autumn committed suicide in March 2017. Joss Whedon was hired by Warner Brothers to finish the film, completing it as an uncredited director. Whedon was hired to and instructed by Warner Brothers to shorten the film to no more than 2 hours and inject light humor.

The 2021 is much better than the 2017 version. More backstory for the characters. Wonder Woman near the beginning is much more invincible and 'god' like, and Superman near the end is also more 'god' like. Gone is the Flash and Superman rescuing families who live nearby because there is no one living nearby, and instead Cyborg/VictorStone has a much more necessary role, and the Flash is equally necessary to generate the power to split the mother boxes. The end race between Superman and The Flash is removed, but just as Superman in 1978 went faster than light to turn back time a few minutes, in 2021 the Flash went faster than light to turn back time a minute.

The 2021 is shot in 4x3 for IMAX.
    It was divided into 6 clearly labeled Parts, in case it were to be released in theatres as a weekly mini-series -- which I used to split the movie up into 6 sittings in one day between other chores.

In the USA it's streaming on HBO Max, and in Canada it's streaming via Crave (which includes HBO, and available on Roku etc).

The film ends with "for Autumn".

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Big-Boss-Man (04-16-2021)

"The Father" 8.2/10 Another great Anthony Hopkins movie surely another Oscar nomination, maybe even a win.

Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Curly1

Big-Boss-Man (04-16-2021)

Godzilla vs Kong - 7/10

It's a fun monster movie. The storyline of Millie Bobbie Brown's character could have been eliminated without affecting the movie at all. At the end of the day though, it's not The Sound of Music. I just watch it to clap and throw popcorn at the screen when big monkey punch big lizard.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By FlyingHigh

chrisc (04-04-2021)

Nobody - a rousing 10/10, maybe 11/10.

A few typical hollywood gun screw ups ("this is a .45" while the camera is clearly showing 9x19mm stamped on the side), but a totally fun shut your brain off and watch a guy eff stuff up movie. If you liked John Wick, you'll like this one. It's from the same producer too.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By FlyingHigh

Rory McCanuck (04-17-2021)

i've been watching the new amazon tv show Them lately, and it is actually pretty good, i thought it would be full of woke BS but they did a very good job with the thriller aspect of the show. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    Nobody - a rousing 10/10, maybe 11/10.

A few typical hollywood gun screw ups ("this is a .45" while the camera is clearly showing 9x19mm stamped on the side), but a totally fun shut your brain off and watch a guy eff stuff up movie. If you liked John Wick, you'll like this one. It's from the same producer too.
    Thanks for the tip, enjoyed this one as well. The Williams Manufacturing logo reminded me how much I'm looking forward to the final season of that other show too.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By IJ22

FlyingHigh (04-17-2021)