Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought the mossberg patriot last week in 30-06. I looked at the axis/rem. 783 and a few other budget rifles but ended up with the patriot. The scope is half descent compared to others. All in all - you cant go wrong with either one.

I have a Patriot in 30.06, shoots great right out of the box. It's severely limited in aftermarket parts right now, I'd love to throw it in an MDT or ORYX and see the difference. I have it in laminated/cerakote which is light and it makes for an easy carry all day in the bush. I do wish it came with iron sights or a dovetail to throw one on, but that's just my personal preference. I don't have any experience with the AXIS, but I do have a Savage 64 FVSR and it's been one of my most reliable guns, so I have nothing bad to say about Savage.

Savage are favourites with me but never tried a Mossberg. I would also look at a Thompson Center, my son has one in .270 and it is excellent.
    Last edited by Lee Enfield; 07-22-2020 at 06:12 PM.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

glockfan (07-23-2020)

all i know is the thin walled ribbed barrels of the cheap mossbergs package scope-riffle for 400$ (called 4X4 ?) were funky shooters: after 5 shots,barrel gets hot,then the shots are moving randomly on target. all the axis i've got to work on were very good shooters,but had a terribly hard trigger.an easy choice to make between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Savage are favourites with me but never tried a Mossberg. I would also look at a Thompson Center, my son has one in .270 and it is excellent.
    savage generally gets you pretty darn good barrels....and at the opposite of many,i really like the plastic accutrigger lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

No complaints with my Patriot.

i have 2 axis a 223 and a 308 both accurate out of the box
    Disarming the victims is not gun control
    Veritas Aequitas
    CSSA Member

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

9. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

Czy_Horse (07-28-2020), GTW (07-27-2020), Rory McCanuck (07-26-2020), Stew (07-26-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12