Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beretta U22 NEOS - 22 LR.

Can anyone tell me about this pistol? Good, Bad, indifferent? Possible value? I've seen used for $350 and considering. I want a set of .22's to use at the range for training new shooters and to try get my wife interested in "plinking". Prefer a little smaller & lighter, but seems like a nice little gun! I have a Beretta 92SF so I know Beretta's are usually top quality. Thank you.

JD - Happy New Year.

the angle of the grip is going to mess up any training once you switch to a real gun. better with a glock 22 conversion or browning 1911 22
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Never had a problem with mine. At one time or another I had a scope or a laser sight mounted on it. Like a handgun best with just the open sights, though.
    $350 is a good price for one in good condition. It's my wife's, now that she got her RPAL. She likes it the best of all my .22's. It's the 6" version.

South East from the center of the Universe
    I don't see a lot of them at the range. I've never shot one, and always thought they were kinda pew, pew, pew...but you know, I'm a snob.

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud refers to the Irish.

Appreciate all comments. Like the pic's! Thank you.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By 85919080ipsc

Plinker 777 (01-05-2017)

I considered one as I have an old Colt 22 that uses the same mag and shares some parts. There is no way to lighten the trigger as it uses the same spring for recoil on the slide - which needs to be stiff for rimfire. Also, the grip is small on these pistols - much too small to be comfortable for me. I bought a Ruger MKIII, dropped in all VQ internals, and it is a .22 pistol that I love to shoot, as does anyone that tries it.

It is a fun little gun and gets decent accuracy. The take down is simple and looks really cool. But the accuracy is not as good as my Buckmark and the angle of the grip is not for everyone. I think it feels too small and the grip does not make it better.
    Scary Black Guns are Best Guns.

This was my very first pistol purchase and it shot well for many years. My wife, in particular, enjoyed the ergo-smart design and did very well with it. I broke it down for the first time for cleaning and encountered an issue with an oddly-angled anchor screw that fed into an aluminum block in the frame.. A slight mis-feed of this screw "reamed out" the bottom part of the soft aluminum block leaving only the top few threads for grip.. It was still safe enough for firing, but I was always concerned about it after that. I was worried a good drop would break it in half. Lesson learned: NO TAKEDOWN. Clean as-is. If you leave it alone, it's a laser... I am looking for another one as wifey said she really loved it and I would prefer a new one at this point..

I looked at one, but got an ISSC M22, just felt a lot better

Always liked the looks of them. Unfortunately never picked one up... But now that I see this thread..... In case ya didn't notice my username. Used it as that was teh one gun I was supposed to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast